I'm back with a BFP!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AudreyJ Posts: 1063
AF one day late, did a digital clearblue test this evening. [size=200:omi6d4ru]BFP!!![/size:omi6d4ru] :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll One small dilemma. We were supposed to be going to, or possibly hosting in our house, a great big all day Paddy's Day dinner party with at least then other people, each one bringing a dish. I want to back out of it, as it will be very hard to suddenly not be drinking, particularly the day that's in it. Hubby reckons we should just tell three or so friends, who would back me up if I invented a kidney infection or other excuse for being off the booze. But I really really don't want to tell anyone yet. I just don't want to put the hex on it by telling anyone. We told people far too early last time and I really regretted it when I miscarried. What do you think?
mummy bear Posts: 3824
omg thats brilliant congrats to you both :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
uptheaisle Posts: 182
Well what do you usually drink? If it's a spirit with coke or something then you can just pretend you are drinking. On non- alcoholic beer? Or put some lime juice in water- that looks like wine and sure no-one will notice if they all get blotto too. It's much easier if it's in your house- easy to fake it that you are drinking. No need to back out of it I think. My dilemma is that we are going out for a big night- over here in Canada it's a big Irish bash. And I'm usually the most liquored up of the bunch- so people will definitely notice!
wasy Posts: 453
Just tell them ur on antibiotics start letting people know now u dont feel great nd u should get away with it
luigi Posts: 867
Pretend :o0 Its so early to tell three or four friends. I'm just thinking that it would be a lovely secret to have with DH until you feel ready to tell as you dont sound so sure. Congrats to both of you. Lovely news!
Gallifrey Posts: 472
first off.........CONGRATS :o)ll :o)ll Delighted for you!! No more advise other than what the previous ladies have already mentioned. Look after yourself and have a happy 8/9 months
Duchess Snow Posts: 2348
congrats audrey and mr audrey wishing you both the best for the next nine months :thnk
Mrs MOS Posts: 205
Congratulations :o)ll :o)ll
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Audrey I'm THRILLED for you! I know how much it must mean to you and DH. Congratulations! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Hope you have a great pregnancy. Re how to get out of drinking - two words: kidney infection. Put your folic acid tabs in an old medicine bottle, bring them along and say they're penicillan! I did this before and it worked! People will stop trying to get you to drink if you start talking about how much your pee burns :o0
Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
Audrey !!! wow congratulations !!!! re the drinking just drink"pretend" drinks eh ?? whatever you do, don't leave a pregnancy magazine on your kitchen counter like I did today and a friend (who likes to talk) walked in and saw it O:| O:| :o0