I'm sorry but I just can't forget about it...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wenty Posts: 238
Hey girlies..... Y'know the way you always dream what your big day will be like, how you'll be beautiful, you'll be marrying the man of your dreams, everyone will have a great night and you'll be able to look back and think, yeah that was a good day..... Well ours was a great day (just recently)...can't remenber every detail. I wouldn't be a person that would be comfortable being centre of attention (a bit overweight and not that pretty) but I tried hard and on the day of the wedding thought I scrubbed up well. I'd lost about 2 stone in weight and was delighted.....church went beautiful, hubbie was oohing and ahhing were he's supposed to...we even managed to get the rings on the right hands and fingers without having a giggle or a panic attack....so made it to the reception and one of hubbies friends asks me did I have a secret to share with the group and pats my stomach...with everything going on, I mean we had just walked into reception with cameras clicking like mad, just blanked it...A while later my bridesmaid catches me in my room staring and twisting around in my dress to see if I actually LOOK pregnant....so wandered back downstairs holding my bouquet in from of me...he's nudging and winking...Later on, doing the rounds at the table, he asks me again when are you going to tell everyone? THen later while I'm dancing with my 9 year old niece he tells her to look after me 'cos I'm having a baby....so she runs off and tells my bro and his wife, my parents and aunties and uncles that I'm pregnant...(I'm not)....so didn't want it to ruin the day....next day I'm reading our wedding guest book and he's only gone and wrote it in the book...God knows who read it!!!! Hubbie keeps telling me that he's a d!ck but I just can't forget about it....all the nice comments and I can't just forget about that one idiot who more or less told me I looked fat!!!!! Sorry for the rant :o(
NittyGritty Posts: 1605
Oh. My. God. While reading this, only three words sprang to my mind; What A Wanker This is obviously weighing heavily on your mind, and that is completely understandable. I just cannot believe how obliviously insensitive and stupid this man was towards you on your big day. Do you think he was deliberately trying to be an arse-hole? The other thing I took from your post is that not one single other person there on the day thought you were pregnant so you so obviously did not look like you were. I'm no slim Jim myself so can completely understand how hurt and upset this has made you. I'm at a loss as to what to say to you to try and make you feel better, only to say please, please try not to let this moron ruin the lovely memories of your special day :action32
luckyducky Posts: 3
the f***ing a*****e!!!!!!!!!!!! O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| strike him off your hubbies friend list now!! I say forget about it and remember the best bits of the day!! but i know easier said then done... just dont forgive!!!! >:o)
soimarriedanaxemurderer Posts: 932
get revenge. i don't know how. But get it. what an ass
goinloco Posts: 774
oh my god im so angry on your behaif after reading that O:| i would make it my mission to publicly embarrass him at the next opportunity >:o) but thats just my evil streak :-8 :o0 try to forget about it and remember the good bits of the day :thnk oh and drop him as a mate!
Wenty Posts: 238
Ah thanks girlies..... I WOULD dream up something nasty to write in HIS wedding book like "hope your appointment at the STD clinic went well" or something but somehow I don't think he'll ever get married - noone would have him. Hubbie is out with the lads tonight and he's there so he's going to say something to him in front of the lads (and he won't like that cos he has this "image" that he likes to keep up in front of the posh lads!!)...One of the other lads already pulled him up on it while we were on honeymoon but he denied it - how can you deny something when he wrote it in black and white on our wedding book!!!! D!ck!!!!!
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
oh wenty, what an idiot, twud drive u nuts..... its always the men that make stupid comments like that, i hope ur hubby makes a show of him tonight. im glad his other friend pulled him on it already, what a waste of space of a man, O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| let us know what ur hubby said to him O-O
Kickasswife Posts: 4051
:lvs
happieout Posts: 3111
I'm fuming reading this and I don't even know you. What an out and out P***K. It's not like it was a blunder. He went out of his way - a couple of times. And told your niece - a child! WTF!!?? i'd have to get him back. Even if it took me years. And well done on looking lovely on your day and being happy with yourself. Don't let him ruin it all on you. He'll never find anyone to put up wit him if he stays like that.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="nadyhead":71lgg6ja]get revenge. i don't know how. But get it. what an ass[/quote:71lgg6ja] i read this and evil laughed!! do it do it!! whenever you can, whereever you can! but remember, revenge is a dish best served cold!! oh i am fuming for you, the dirty effing neck of him!! im glad the lads all know and i cant wait to hear how he losez face in front of the posh lads!! oh i really hope you can somehow not let his stupid behaviour ruin your memory of your day!! and as another poster said he was the only one that thought it so you didnt look it and hes a d**k!! oh did i read that hes getting married?? when?? will you be invited?? >:o) im sure there are some very creative Wollies on here that can help you come up with something priceless!!