Invitations, some questions about them.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

H2B is Bridezilla Posts: 89
We are getting the invitations together at the moment and I have a couple of questions in relation to them. How long before the wedding should you send them out? How long do you give people to RSVP? Are most people putting down an e-mail address as well as a postal address for the RSVP? Do you address the envelope for the RSVP card and do you put a stamp on it? Do you send them to the wedding party? I think that is about it for the time being, I hope someone can help me. Thanks.
mrswildrogue Posts: 1739
Invitations usually go out at least six weeks before the wedding and the RSVP date is usually at least two weeks before the wedding. *) Not sure about sending invitations to the bridal party. I'm sure you would cos they would have partners etc and it would a lovely memento of your special day!!
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Send an invite to everyone involved in the bridal party - it is a lovely thing to hang onto
May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
We are posting our invitations tomorrow and that will be 8 weeks before the wedding and the RSVP date is 4 weeks before the wedding if you post them 6 weeks before the wedding a 3 weeks rsvp date is normal. We included an RSVP card with envelope addressed back to us but did not stamp it nor did we include an email address or mobile number to reply by text. We did send one to all the bridal party but not to both our immediate familys. My H2B was best man for his friend last year and we got no invitation. I guess its all personal preference really. Hope this helps :wv
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
[quote="H2B is Bridezilla":3ivp3c09]We are getting the invitations together at the moment and I have a couple of questions in relation to them. How long before the wedding should you send them out? How long do you give people to RSVP? Are most people putting down an e-mail address as well as a postal address for the RSVP? Do you address the envelope for the RSVP card and do you put a stamp on it? Do you send them to the wedding party? I think that is about it for the time being, I hope someone can help me. Thanks.[/quote:3ivp3c09] Hi, we are sending ours out about 2 months before, with RSVP a month before. We have given an email & I think it is really handy for the younger folk! We actually aren't sending an RSVP card so not sure on this one. as for the wedding party...up to you. I know some friends of mine have already been laughing at me saying they won't be replying to invitations as it is really obvious they are going! Maybe send it for a keepsake...
Biancee fiancee Posts: 907
OHHHH that would really irritate me!! I would ALWAYS rsvp...even if its obvious I am going to the wedding...its a nice bit of excitement for bride to be all the rsvps coming in... OHHHH CANT WAIT!!
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
oh i know!! I would too... what can I do though!!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
we are posting our this week so that is 9 weeks before wedding and have an rsvp date two weeks before the wedding. My mam was saying it was too early and that we should wait until 6 weeks before but I had not the patience to wait any longer :-8