Menu

Ireland AM

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

emma1980 Posts: 2219
Anyone watchin Ireland AM....im in shock at the price of the dresses...cheapest 2000 most expensive 8000 :eek :eek :eek
havemovedon Posts: 2013
I saw some of it, and didn't like any of the dresses. They were all way over-priced, what was yer one on about 'good value'? :o0 4,500 for a cake... seriously how many people are going to fork out that much? There'll be some surprises for suppliers this year when people start haggling over prices. Times are changing, the days of charging crazy amount for 'must-have' accessories are gone for savvy brides.
Princess Lisa Posts: 379
yeah, saw some of them - that Valantino dress wasn't even that nice!
melons Posts: 113
Yeah saw it, sooo over proced, what kinda money do they think we have. >:o( The dresses were awful I thought. :ooh
they obviously have been livin in a bubble for the past few months and dont know that we're in the middle of a recession...
jen09 Posts: 1390
Glad I missed it so, the advert yesterday said that it would "showcase" some of Ireland's best priced dresses & seeing as I'm going dress shopping in a few weeks I thought oh happy days, obviously not!
pink or blue Posts: 359
so true!! Good value - NOT!!!! they must think people are made of money, i thought they should have shown more stuff for brides on a budget, especially with the times we are in now. I think it would have been a much better idea.
im in shock...u think they wudve had reasonable priced dresses on. i think that would entice people to spend, or maybe im just been a cheapie!!!! :eek
P.S That short wedding dress was horrible, i couldnt imagine any bride wanting to wear that on their special day!!
Those poor models must have been cracking up trying to walk in the dresses without damaging them!!! could you imagine sticking your stiletto through the bottom of a €4000 dress, :o0 :o0 dont think the dress owners would be too impressed.... :eek