Menu

Is 10am too late for breakfast ???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

s wife Posts: 1445
girls please help me out here myself and hubby are having very heated debates over this ... i never have my breakfast untill 10am and i have been doing this for about 15 years ,now that im pregnant my hubby thinks i should have something before i leave the house,but as ive had this routine for years im so used to leaving the house at 8.30 work at 9 brekki at 10,that i cant stomach anything till 10 i suppose the question is am i harming the baby or putting the baby in danger by not eating till 10 thanks in advance for you replies :thnk
oddwire Posts: 842
I'm the same as you, I start work at 7.30 so just get up and go, and usually have something to eat at about nine or so. Never thought anything of it to be honest, and finding it harder and harder to get up in the mornings lately so don't see myself getting up any earlier for a brekkie!! If he's that concerned, maybe you could grab and actimel or Vie to throw back as you're going out the door, just to have something in you?
Emme Posts: 4735
I'm the same, can't stomach anything too early and prefer my few extra minutes in bed anyway. Also my DH was a bit 'should you be doing that' at the start of pregnancy as well. One explosive row later and it was sorted!!! I just feel that if I'm hungry whereas before I would ignore it till it was convenient to eat now I just prioritise it which has meant lots of cafe visits on my own (must start to bring a book with me!) but aside from that if I'm not hungry I don't eat. Having said that I have started to guzzle milk before I go to work but only because I'm peckish in the morning now more and more. Listen to your body, if you're just not hungry then you're just not hungry!!
obbride Posts: 111
i don't think it would do the baby any harm not eating brekkie before 10, but i really did find it helped with the morning sickenss if you did eat as soon as you got up. i leave at 7.30 too, like u used to have brekkie in work. but even if you can eat a couple of cream crackers and bring them in the car with you, if might help with morning sickness. ginger biscuits also help with morning sickness.
sunnyside Posts: 3164
If you cant' face eating anything then its counterproductive to try to eat before then. However, I always had a quick bowl of cereal before i left the house but at 22 weeks started to faint in the car park going to work!! It wasn't enough for me by the time I got to work at 9. Had to make a conscious effort to eat an extra slice of toast and then have a second brekkie when I got to work. Its nice that your DH is concerned. Take a piece of toast or some fruit to keep the peace and it won't do any harm.
s wife Posts: 1445
thanks girls for yoru replies i'll be showing hubby your answers this evening i just think he's been over cautious :wv
Woodstock Posts: 1565
i have breakfast at 11 o'clock! So i think you're doing very well having it at 10! :o0 Having said that, hubby gets up before me so he brings me coffee upstairs to bed every morning before he heads to work :lvs so i'm not going to work with a completely empty stomach.
Martiespride Posts: 997
dont be mad, if you cant eat till 10, then dont eat till 10. my gp said not to be changing things just because you are pregnant, i was asking him about fish etc, because i cannot stomach it ever and i asked if i should take supplements with fish things/vitamins in them and he said there was no need.
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
Eat when you are hungry and not because you DH feels you should! I know he's well intentioned and all but tell him to relax a little bit! I never changed my eating habits when I was pregnant! Some days I might not eat until 12 or 1pm but other days I was starving early in the morning! Having said that I wasn't working from about 15 weeks so didn't get up until after 10 most days! Like someone else suggested take an apple or banana out the door with you just to keep the peace if you have to! You don't actually have to eat it!!