Is anyone else snoring???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hagfromhell Posts: 2146
:-8 :-8 :-8 Himself can't sleep at night with me snoring now. So he has another 12 weeks of it ahead of him. I never snored until I got pregnant (well maybe after a feed of wine but that hasn't been in a while!). Anyone got any ideas how I can stop before the mortification kills me :-8 :-8
Roxanne Posts: 3201
If I have, he hasn't told me! But the blood vessels in your nose are expanding due to all the extra blood in your body, so that would explain it - I have been having a lot of nasal congestion as a result, especially at night. I've tried those nose strips a few times and they really seem to work. I think they are specifically for snoring, not sure what they're called but it's like a plaster you put across the bridge of your nose and it just stretches the airwaves a bit. You'll get them in a chemist. There are so many crazy symptoms no-one tells you about, aren't there? :o0
petunia Posts: 1626
I have been reliably informed that I do indeed now snore on occasion! Truth be told I think I may have woken myself up on occasion with the noise :o0 One of the more fabulous, glamorous side effects of pregnancy.
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
i have been told i have been snoring something terrible last few weeks so much so DH sleeps in spare room when he is working. it was always me having to put up with his snoring, DH did admit that if my snoring was anyway as bad as his, he felt sorry for me having to put up with it for so long :o0 don't know if there is much you can do
Princess_Jess Posts: 445
i have been informed on numerous occassions that i snore so loud i'd drown out the noise of a nightclub :-8 a bit harsh i thought :o0
tilsun Posts: 4506
I don't think I'm snoring but am really stuffed up! The Book (What to Expect) says to try a saline spray before bed or a humidifier in the bedroom. On the other hand, your OH will appreciate the practice at sleeping through all sorts of noises once the baby arrives and he can put it to good use :o0
maisedon Posts: 1394
I started snoring when I was pregnant too - so loud that I used to wake myself up!! :-8 If it's any consolation, my snoring stopped as soon as DD was born! *)