Is Guinness good for you? - Page 5

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pricilla Posts: 1564
[quote="*Muffin*":371jt4ux]Ok, let me see do I have this correct. 1. No lying on your back 2. No faketan 3. No Lucozade [/quote:371jt4ux] Ok can someone please explain these to me, or are you only messing Muffin? Maybe I'm being naive, but seriously, everyone in the whole world from now back until the dawn of time, has a mother that gave birth to them, and I'd imagine there was no such restrictions. Surely all these "precautions" are totally over the top. I'm keeping out of here from now on encase I ever do get pregnant and am afraid to take a p*ss. :o0
Bumpalicious Posts: 512
The lucozade thing is definitely not right, they give you this in the hospital if they need to wake baby up..
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="MrsOctoberBride":3c5tdwsn]The lucozade thing is definitely not right, they give you this in the hospital if they need to wake baby up..[/quote:3c5tdwsn] Maybe only for that reason though,its full of sugar?or am I talking horse manure??
pricilla Posts: 1564
[quote="Sphynx":24c9z5mo]I take a lot of it with a pinch of salt [/quote:24c9z5mo] [b:24c9z5mo]Sorry Sphynx, no salt and certainly no pinching, you are PREGNANT![/b:24c9z5mo]
[quote="Mama Dora":ciei2a36][quote="MrsOctoberBride":ciei2a36]The lucozade thing is definitely not right, they give you this in the hospital if they need to wake baby up..[/quote:ciei2a36] Maybe only for that reason though,its full of sugar?or am I talking horse manure??[/quote:ciei2a36] No, i'd say you're right and it's full of sugar, but so are loads of things and they don't say we can't have those. I can't see them letting you drink it in the hospital if it's as bad as, say, pate or cheese might be..
arib Posts: 499
I'm not pregnant so am probably trepassing here. I don't know about the other stuff but I'm surprised that so many people still drink alchohol during pregnancy. I know I'll be accused of lecturing but I really believe women shouldn't drink while pregnant. Below is just for your information, take it or leave it.
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
Arib, with all due respect, I think it is downright nasty to imply that problems like autism are the mother's fault without any real evidence whatsoever. >:o( Why on earth would anyone with any integrity or sense of decency do that? Women have drank since the year dot and autism levels are on the rise now - in the medical journals there are suggestions of links with mercury levels or other forms of pollution. Just because people eat icecream on sunny days and also wear shorts does not mean that icecream causes shorts and just because women started drinking more and autism levels rose does not mean that women drinking caused the rise. Pseudoscientific articles like that are based not on scientific evidence but instead on a philosophy, that is sinister at best. Men take more drugs and drink more these days than they used but you never have articles like this blaming them for disabilities. One of the comments on that article sums it up better than I could: [quote:2rcxuqik] 'm amazed to see this article here - it would be more at home in the Daily Mail. It's the politicising of a medical issue to criminalise pregnant woman or at best turn them into incubuters. This is an issue which of concern to all pregnant women but by presenting this sort of hunch as the result of proper scientific study it makes the issue easy to ignore. It's bad science, it trivialises an important issue by misrepresentation and it's anti-woman. What's so alternative about that?[/quote:2rcxuqik]
ros Posts: 749
I'm with you all the way Avril.
Couldn't agree more, Avril.
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
Thanks girls, it hit a nerve with me because I have a sister with cerebral palsy. My Mam did nothing different while she was expecting her and if anyone suggests her problems are my Mam's fault for enjoying a glass of wine or ate an improperly cooked carrot I will hunt them down and slap them silly! Sometimes things like that just happen. Wish I could somehow unread that article though. Poisonous stuff.