Menu

Isn't WOL awful quiet?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Evening Wollies, Like the title says, isn't WOL awful quiet? I know I haven't started many topics myself lately, I'm not giving out, I'm just having a general 'wondering' moment! Usually WOL goes quiet over the Christmas holidays and on most weekends and sometimes in August as well as a lot of people are on hols. But generally in the year it's flying, but it's been MAD quiet lately hasn't it? Has something happened? For myself, I'm just having a break from wedding stuff after my own wedding, so I haven't much to say!
Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
Most common threads nowadays are about how quiet WOL is these days!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
There ya go then! I'm not the only one who thinks it! I guess it's just a lull, it's just I've noticed it for the past week or two that it's been REALLY quiet.
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
I dono - I don't really notice if there are a lot of threads or not. But I think this comes up every now and then. WOL is definitely busiest during the day on weekdays.
stickwoman Posts: 2394
I agree that it is quiet.... think it's because a lot of the "regular" wollies have married recently and are probably taking a break from WOL for awhile?
ItsOK Posts: 849
Yep, i've really noticed it too-think like angelbutterfly said a lot of the regulrs are just after getting married so are either on honeymoon or not posting as much. I could be on for hours before but find theres not much discussion now so just come on for quick goo.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Yeah I think even since I first registered in Jan it's gone very quiet. I love having it as a distraction when I've free time in work etc but there's not as much to distract me at the minute! In saying that I could try come up with a few interesting threads myself but at the mo the posts I do put up are getting pretty repetitive and don't feel you WOLs need to be subjected to much more of them! Jawl is great for random new threads....come on Jawl, brighten up our Tuesday with something interesting!
teapotty Posts: 2085
Ah I think there are lulls from time to time. I think we're all convinced that wol was so much busier when we joined but I think that's just because it was all new and we hadn't read through all the topics. Interestingly when you hit the "new posts" button I find it's mostly pregnancy, ttc and mother & baby topics. There's much more chat about all those things than wedding stuff. Not saying that's bad or anything.
Jawl Posts: 8881
It has been quiet of late :)
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
[quote="teapotty":h8k5gpcr]Ah I think there are lulls from time to time. I think we're all convinced that wol was so much busier when we joined but I think that's just because it was all new and we hadn't read through all the topics.[/quote:h8k5gpcr] I have to say I think it definitely [i:h8k5gpcr]was[/i:h8k5gpcr] busier when I first joined, without a doubt. It seems these days that the lulls have become the norm and its actually the busy periods that crop up from time to time. So many of the regulars have disappeared or stick to TTC/M&K etc.