Julien of French Wedding Cakes - Dublin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Charli09 Posts: 235
If you are still looking for someone to make your wedding cake then I cannot recommend Julien of French Wedding Cakes highly enough. Julien is charming, enthusiastic, inspirational and the cakes are delicious too! [img:gp9r6yv3]http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/WolliesPhotos/OurWeddingCake.jpg[/img:gp9r6yv3] [img:gp9r6yv3]http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/WolliesPhotos/019.jpg[/img:gp9r6yv3] We got engaged at the top of the Eiffel Tower so we thought it only fitting to have our own Eiffel Tower Wedding Cake.
anitacaricatures Posts: 369
Wow thats amazing! We were going to go with Julien as he is the resident cake designer for Barberstown Castle where we're having our reception. We also got engaged in Paris (under the Eiffel Tower! :lvs ) so romantic! Would love that cake, however myself and h2b are going to attempt making our own cake... imagine if we tried to make that! :o0
Awww congratulations on getting engaged under the Eiffel Tower! It took me many months to design the template and Julien was just wonderful. Julien is definitely a master craftsman. Good luck with making your own cake; I'm sure it will be wonderful.
anitacaricatures Posts: 369
You designed it?! Fair play, it looks fantastic! Maybe you can do our cake! lol :o0 We've done afew trials (any excuse to eat cake!! :o0 ) and so far so good. Do you have any more pics of your Parisian themed wedding? O-O
NowMrsM Posts: 67
Juline made our wedding cake & he was an absolute gent to deal with. The cake tasted divine (3 different layers). It was so good that there was not one bit of it left by the end of the night.
The theme only went as far as the cake, invitations and table names. I thought if we did anything else it would be too much. Julien is a dream to work with. What you can't see in the photo is the small rivits that Julien spent days piping onto the cake ....so delicate! Good luck with your cake...if you need anyone to taste it don't hesitate to ask :o0
robnpaula Posts: 49
Can I ask how much that cake cost, it looks amazing but I emailed the man and he wants to give me samples, I'm a pastry chef and I wouldn't like to take sample from him if I can't afford the cake, I got engaged in paris too and I just thing that cake id fab
Hi robnpaula, I've just PM'd you :wv
robnpaula Posts: 49
Thanks very much you are a star