Just picked up my tiara/headpiece

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

amour toujours Posts: 107
Just pick up my tiara (well it's actually a headpiece) from Tahnee Morgan. I'm so excited. It's absolutely beautiful and it's exactly what I wanted. Tahnee picked up on the gold and ivory that is in my dress and now I have it at home I keep looking at it all the time. I can't wait to wear it. She also did gorgeous smaller pieces for my BM with the colours of the BM dresses (chocolate) picked out in satin ribbon. Hurray!! :)
shiraz Posts: 770
Hiya amour toujours :wv Do you by any chance have a website for them?Where are they situated?I have bits of gold in my dress also and your head piece sounds lovely!Thanks a mill :wv
Hi smiles, The website is www.tahneemorgandesigns.ie I actually found Tahnee through WOL. I was SO pleased with what she did for me. She has loads of very unusual headpieces/combs, which are quite out of the ordinary. She's based in blackrock in dublin and she's lovely and really easy to talk to. If you have your dress already try and bring some pics of it, or a sample of similar material so she can get an idea of what will work colour-wise. Also, I had photos of how I will be wearing my hair with me, so she knew what would work with my hairstyle. Everything she does is handmade, so there is great attention to detail. My comb has beautiful roses in an ivory colour with gold balls and beautiful beads. It took about 3-4 weeks for the pieces to be ready, and they were absolutely worth it. I'm so pleased because they are quite unusual, so that makes it all the more special. Hope this helps. Let me know if you want any more information. :wv
Thanks for all the info amour toujours *) Yes im looking for something special and different also.Im going to have at the rangoli pieces also.Depends which one is more expensive I suppose :o0 Do you mind me asking was your piece expensive?
Of course I don't mind. I guess most people would say Tahnee's pieces are a bit pricey, but I don't think they are for what you get. For my head piece and the pieces for both bridesmaids it came to 300 euro for everything. Considering everything is hand-made, and also because I absolutely love it, and because it's quite different, then to me, it's worth every penny! Can't wait for h2b to see me in it.
Oh, I should have said, that her website is not fully up to date. It gives ideas of the pieces that she does - but she has more than are shown on her site. For example, I don't think the one I got is on her site, although there are similar ones.
Actually, found one that's quite close to what mine looks like. Not sure if this'll work... [img:2c92xcko]http://tahneemorgandesigns.freeservers.com/images/IrishweddingdiarySummer05_4.jpg[/img:2c92xcko] Think it does. That's not the best pic, but it gives the idea. Mine's quite similar, although I'll have my hair down but pulled back at the front. The comb will sit to one side with the extended pieces of gold/ivory extending across the front of my hair. Hard to describe, but I think that picture gives a good idea. Woohoo - just looking at it gets me all excited! :o)ll
Thanks a mill for all your help :thnk Wow your headpiece looks so different,Best of luck! :wv
hippy Posts: 47
amour toujours-you wouldnt happen to be Tahnee morgan herself or work for her by any chance :eek ????Its just you have a serious amount of info there and you seem soooo eager!!My opinion anyways... :spam:
hippy Posts: 47
How do you know that her website isnt up to date also???mmmmm...suspicious