just venting - feeling sorry for myself, again!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Hey, Slightly embarassing issue to be highlighting and I hope no one knows me when they read this! DH and I had a row (another one!) about the TTC thing over 2 weeks ago. He hasn't been able to 'perform' since then. I think the whole stress thing has been getting to him lately. The thing is when he gets into one of these moods, it could last for a month or longer! Thankfully I don't think I ovulated this month (no + OPK, no temp shift) so at least I am not like a demon as we can't BD. I booked a weekend away for us next week as we need to get away from the hum-drum of life and TTC. I have been using OPK's, changing brands, ordering over internet etc. Changed the type of agnus castus I'm using, from tablets to tincture. I am still finding it hard though as my periods are totally unpredictable. I am on cd37 or something, my last cycle was only a 34 day. I am left guessing as to when I will get my period. I keep thinking I have signs that my AF is due, but then they disappear. I did a pregnancy test the other day, just in case. BFN. Loads of ladies on this site seem to get pregnant after 2/3 months off the Pill. I've been off it since Sept 06 and still waiting. I know that there are heaps of other ladies on here who take longer to get pregnant and there are couples alot worse off then we are. Oh just ignore me, I'm just being a bah-humbug as I have to work this weekend when everyone is off having a grand time. I just wish my cycles were roughyl the same each month, that's all. Ok rant over, apologies. I just needed to vent.
Me Julia Posts: 1352
Its understandable that you want to rant now and again. I am sorry i have no advice on getting your cycles more regular. I am sure the other girls will have loads of advice for you. Where are you going on your weekend away? Thats probably just what you need to relax the pair of you. Thats what we are doing as well in a couple of weeks time. I hope you start to feel better soon.
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
we are off to the west of Ireland. DH is taking a half day off work, I'm off anyway. Looking forward to it. I hope he is over this 'period' though. I am gaggin' for some loving!! Fingers crossed.
MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
I'll PM you.
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi WedJul05, Don't apologise at all for ranting a little. It is so understandable. I think I would be fit to explode if my hubbie wasn't "performing" when I needed him. Which is unfair and totally unreasonable, but when you set your heart on something like having a child it's a killer if it is out of your control! God love the two of you. It's not easy at all. Would you think about going to your doctor at all? I don't know what they could do, but perhaps just vent and see where it takes you. Perhaps there's something? Clearly the pressure is getting to your DH and yourself and perhaps you just need to take a wee step back. I know lots of people say things like "just relax" - and I think I'd box someone who said that :o0 For me, I would continue to keep track of your cycle as best you can - that way you still feel like you are in control of things. And as TCOYF says all the time, if it doesn't happen for you still (which I doubt!) you have all the info required to decide what course of action is best for you. Fingers and toes and arms and legs crossed for you that things will look up soon :xxx :xxx :xxx :xxx :xxx
sunnyside Posts: 3164
Someone on here (I think it was Tigletts) said she never told her DH when using OPK's and it took the pressure off. I've just started using them, I told my DH I bought them but I don't tell him what the test says (and he doesn't usually ask) but I've decided to do it more for additional info. rather than an instruction on when to dtd. Maybe you could do the opks yourself just to put your own mind at ease and not discuss the technicalities with your DH. I'm only on my 3rd month but it is difficult especially when all of a sudden the world and his mother has a bump :o0