Knife Skills Course

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs áthas Posts: 3488
Saw the post about this yesterday-anyone have details?
NowGone Posts: 8042
It's held in Cooks Academy in Dun Laoghaire, down near the dart station
NowGone Posts: 8042
The next course is sold out, but there's another session in Feb. If you hold out till then, I'll go with you (need to buy new knives - too emvbarassed to go with the ones I have!)
fantac Posts: 4109
could i join ye if havent popped?
Mrs áthas Posts: 3488
ooooh! i am going to buy new knives in Australia. we have rubbish knives here (mainly because we bought the best of everything for our house in Australia and when we moved on a whim we vowed never to make the same mistake again)
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
How much should you spend on a set fairly decent knives, not the top end of the range, but midway? We arent serious cooks like ye lot :-8 , but cook a fair bit and the ones we have are cr*p?
Senorita Posts: 3413
I did a course with them before (not knife skills). Not the best €150 euro I ever spent :-8
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
Hokey I think your better off without a "set" of knives. What I'd recommend to start is a decent sized chefs knife, a vegetable knife and a smaller utility knife. I really like Global knives but they are very expensive however if your only buying 3 they might be doable (btw BTs normally include at least some of them in the after Christmas sale). If you can only buy one knife - get this one. It's a 5 1/2 inch veg knife and it makes life in the kitchen a whole lot more enjoyable. [img:211ai4pc]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21MS7SWRWAL._AA280_.jpg[/img:211ai4pc]