List of what you need youself

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

round two Posts: 1018
Hi Girls, Following on from lots of threads here recently, you have me thinking about what I should have to help my poor old body get over having the baby. I know that arnica cream is mentioned and sanitary pads, but what else should I be getting to help ? Thanks Hope
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Few ideas: Arnica tablets (start taking during labour or after birth depending on your midwife) Tea tree oil for use in baths (and add a few drops to a sports bottle of luke warm water and spray down below while peeing - got this tip off another thread! Someone else said pee in shower or bath for first couple of days!) Lavender oil for bath Witch hazel cream or ointment (think the ointment is better) Gel cooling pads (can get in Mothercare) Special cushion to sit on (maybe wait and see if you need one - think they are expensive - suppose a normal cushion is just as good??) Doctor told me not to use Savlon in the bath as it would irritate the skin. Heavy duty sanitary pads (pack says you need 24 for first two days) Large bottle of Jack Daniels, bottle of coke and some ice cubes :o0 :o0 :o0 I have a question - can you take pain killers like Neurofen when breast feeding?
007Babs Posts: 417
That's great advice Sphynx, thanks! :thnk In terms of the cushion, my friend found a rubber ring like you would use for swimming good for sitting on after birth.
littledolly Posts: 393
Breast pads too, even if you are not going to BF.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
[quote="Sphynx":2cnr9dw9]Large bottle of Jack Daniels, bottle of coke and some ice cubes [/quote:2cnr9dw9] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Mine will be [i:2cnr9dw9]the[/i:2cnr9dw9] most expensive bottle of white wine, hubby has already been told to get this !!! Lansinoh cream maybe for sore nipples. There was a very good thread about this some time ago, I'll have to dig it up again.
round two Posts: 1018
Thanks for this girsl, I think that I might go into boots and the weekend and start getting a few bits together just to start a little pack. Will then head to the off lisence and buy two large bottles of Jack, one for hospital and one for home :o0 :o0 :o0