LOOSE CLAWS!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Caroline Fraher Posts: 480
Just dropped my ring into a jewellers today to get fixed as the claws were loose and the diamond was moving around in them - really didn't want to leave it over night, am very wary, but had no choice really! She said I was lucky the stone didn't fall out aaaaggghh!! Have to collect it Thursday but I feel so NAKED without it!! :ooh :ooh Just felt like sharing my worry with women who'll know what I'm feeling!!
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
Dont worry I got my ring resize last week and it worked out fine. as long as its a good place I am sure it will be ok. I put another ring on my finger so i did not feel to bad. No wear I know fix your rins while you wait any more and exp if the claws are loose. Hope you get it back soon... O:o) My mother kept asking me was mine insured :hic :hic I was like stop it.
valentine09 Posts: 681
I know how you feel. I left my ring in on friday to be resized and dipped before the wedding. It will be ready thursday. I keep checking my finger and it is not there. Its a really wierd feeling but hopefully it will be fab when I get it back.
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
Its so horrible when your ring isnt on ur finger, definately feel naked without it
I'm sure it will be fab - I'm hoping they'll give it a clean aswell :o0 That's the one thing about getting the ring in NY - you've no guarantee or anyone in particular to fix it. I keep saying I must get it insured - feck if the diamond fell out....I'd be shot :eek
not too girly Posts: 400
[quote="Augest2010":1imed70p] My mother kept asking me was mine insured :hic :hic I was like stop it.[/quote:1imed70p] You know your mother is right... just call the insurance people and get it put on... it doesn't cost that much to insure and it gives you so much piece of mind... And you too Caroline Fraser!!! In this day and age it's not that difficult!!! You have a mobile phone and a credit card... how would you feel if something did happen to it and you couldn't afford to get a replacement... just cos you hadn't got around to insuring it! We got engaged on a Saturday (he picked up the ring on Friday) and I can tell you that the ring was on the insurance before Monday lunchtime!
I know not too girly - I feel really bad now for not insuring it! Am going to get to it straight away. I need a valuation though from the jewellers don't I? We got one from the place in NY but they say to get an Irish valuation cos it's probably worth more then we paid for it. Will have to look for a valuer in Cork - asap!! :-8
Well got my ring back today and it's like brand new!! Am delighted with it - they replated it and everything cos the white gold was beginning to wear away at the base of it - it's all shiny now, delighted!! And I also arranged to have it valued so am waiting on the cert and as soon as I get it, it's going on the house insurance!!! :o)ll
makeupaddict Posts: 592
[quote="Caroline Fraher":3q6npg28]I know not too girly - I feel really bad now for not insuring it! Am going to get to it straight away. I need a valuation though from the jewellers don't I? We got one from the place in NY but they say to get an Irish valuation cos it's probably worth more then we paid for it. Will have to look for a valuer in Cork - asap!! :-8[/quote:3q6npg28] Caroline my h2b got my ring in NYC and we found it very hard to get it valued as most places only value their own rings now. We finally got on to a gemologist and he came to the house and valued it for us. PM me if you need his details. He was fab.