Lough Rynn Ladies!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sweets08 Posts: 958
Hi All! I'm new to this having only recently gotten engaged, and just wondered if anyone has any feedback on Lough Rynn...provisionally booked today for Sept 09...am soooo excited!!! :lvs
[quote="Sweets08":1y1ak5ba]Hi All! I'm new to this having only recently gotten engaged, and just wondered if anyone has any feedback on Lough Rynn...provisionally booked today for Sept 09...am soooo excited!!! :lvs[/quote:1y1ak5ba] Anyone!? :eek
bangel Posts: 2285
I've never been unfortunately, although my colleague was there last night for a wedding. He said the service was alright (bar one member of staff) and he really liked the ballroom, which was very modern, however if you do a search on here for Lough Rynn I'm sure there's more threads.
Thanks for the info! :thnk
nee Posts: 81
I'm getting married there August 09. I love the place and always said i would get married there. I did hear a few bad reports from recent weddings e.g. service slow, beef not nice, but i reckon no matter where u go there is always a few people that will have a moan!! I still haven't decided on menu yet!! can't wait for the menu tasting!!!!
peepbobride Posts: 370
Hi sweets, We have our wedding booked in Lough Ryann 20th june 2009....I personally think its the most gorgeous setting for a wedding. heard of a few weddings there recently & reports all good. There wil always b a few moans no matter what but not going 2 worry. Happy planning!! :wv
jimmyA Posts: 131
We played there a few weeks ago, and the bride and groom were full of praise for the place, said the food was fantastic....
jimmya do you mind me asking what band you are in? Still haven't anything booked and times a ticking!! O-O
feefee Posts: 2
I got married in Lough Rynn in August and I could not have wished for a better venue. All my guests are still talking about the beautiful food. I also had heard rumours re. food not being the best but I certainly was not disappointed. I think its important to meet with the Banqueting Manager the week of the wedding and to reiterate how important it is that the food is up to scratch. We had no issues with service. THe menu tasting is brilliant and is a great opportunity for you to discuss your menu choices and to tailor the menu to your own needs. The grounds are fantastic for photos and as we had a lovely sunny day, we had our drinks reception on the lawn which was beautiful. All in all, I would thoroughly recommend Lough Rynn and I dont think you will be disappointed. I would love to do it all over again!! :xox
outdoorgirl Posts: 610
After much deliberation and cancelling our 1st choice we've booked Lough Rynn. I was there on Sat and was happy enough to book for next July. I met a group who had been at a weding the day before. They said that the food and service was fabulous, it was an amazing day and that there was a great atmosphere in the function room. It reassured me!