Make Up Recommendations?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

23skidoo Posts: 1272
Hi All Not sure where to start with a make up artist. I've never tried Mac makeup before but hear its brilliant. Can anyone recommend someone in the north Dublin area that does Mac? My CBM wants to do the make up on the day but TBH i'm not too keen on the idea and neither is the H2B! I would also like some opinions on what to do about tan. I've never gotten a tan before, fake or otherwise, but I have very pale skin that I really don't like. I've big massive freckles everywhere on my arms (not little ones, patches of big nasty ones) and my skins so pale you can see some of my veins though it! :hic I don't want to end up orange but don't want awful pasty skin either. Is there a happy medium? :wv :thnk
mrsbrowneyedgirl28 Posts: 820
I'm going with Maire Joseph...have heard nothing but excellent reports about her :wv
Valkstar Posts: 2747
[quote="23skidoo":341wnxp3]Hi All Not sure where to start with a make up artist. I've never tried Mac makeup before but hear its brilliant. Can anyone recommend someone in the north Dublin area that does Mac? My CBM wants to do the make up on the day but TBH i'm not too keen on the idea and neither is the H2B! I would also like some opinions on what to do about tan. I've never gotten a tan before, fake or otherwise, but I have very pale skin that I really don't like. I've big massive freckles everywhere on my arms (not little ones, patches of big nasty ones) and my skins so pale you can see some of my veins though it! :hic I don't want to end up orange but don't want awful pasty skin either. Is there a happy medium? :wv :thnk[/quote:341wnxp3] I'm the same about a tan. I'm very white, and never go out in the sun if I can help it. I'd be interested to see what you do! As for makeup, the girl I'm going with - Orna - uses Mac. She charges €250 for me, 3 bridesmaids and my mother. Her bebo page is [url:341wnxp3]http://www.bebo.com/MakeupA[/url:341wnxp3] and her phone number is 0863719097. :wv
Mrs080808 Posts: 1569
I'm using Ailbhe Lynch, shes from Swords. She uses MAC and she really knows her stuff. Have a look at her website, she has bridal make up on it
23skidoo Posts: 1272
Lol looks like half the people on her bebo page are wollies! :o0 How much is ailbhe costing you 08/08/08? €250 for the 5 of us would be good especially if it includes the trial. I'd love to try it out first though before I commit myself to a make up artist iykwim. Maybe go into BT? They have a counter in there don't they? I don't know what to do about my skin though. Since I've never had a tan before I think i'd look like a plank if I suddenly appeared all orangey!
Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
Hi Skidoo!! Ailbhe is in the 300's price wise depending on the size of your group but she is supposed to be amazing. I'm getting a trial with her over the next week so can let you know if you like. I am a tan lover but totally know what you mean about pale skin. I would suggest maybe getting a light professional St. Tropez or Decleor application as these are quite light or else even get yourself some Gradual tanning moisturiser and do it yourself for a bit of a glow. I just got the St. Tropez one and it's great. Least you can practise then!!!! Best of luck!
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Removed
Mrs080808 Posts: 1569
Ailbhe is charging me €350 for me , 5 bridemaids and my mam and and €50 for a trial