Maternity Benefit-really confused with amount lodged?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bright Star Posts: 756
Hi all, Can anyone answer my query on this, i am due to finish on ML on Friday the 20th Nov, i got a letter from the MB saying i qualifity for the full €280, however i just saw that there has been €93.30 lodged into my bank account from the MB section...anyone else experience this?And if so when does full amount start been paid. Many Thanks :wv
short n sweet Posts: 1802
Hi Bright Star I think you have probably been paid for 10 days - ie 20-30th November and will then get full amount in Decembers payment - open to correction but I think that is right
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Haven't a clue why you got €93.30, it's approx. one third of a weeks benefit! 10 days would come to approx. €400 as it's €280 a week. I'm currently on sick leave and got my first sick leave payment and I also can't work out they came to the amount they paid me!
Emme Posts: 4735
Hi brightstar short and sweet is kinda right, I got paid something similar when I started. You're paid per day so from Monday next week you should be getting a straightforward 280. I rang them when I got an odd - and very similar figure to yours - in my account at the start. Have to say maternity benefit helpline people are very nice.
short n sweet Posts: 1802
Doh sorry pregnant brain not working - was thinking of you getting paid monthly but thats child benefit!! Sorry about confusing you even more :o0 Think you should call the prefessionals!!!
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
Yeah the first payment which is usually a week earlier than one expects can often start with a per day rate. It looks like they do €280 in sixths as your payment is a third of €280 and my first payment was €46.65, a sixth of that. After my first "odd" payment, it has been coming in at the full €280 weekly. :wv
Bright Flower Posts: 483
Yes that has happened to lots of girls on here. Basically the maternity leave is calculated mid week to mid week, so you often get 1/3 before the first week and then after that you get the full weeks pay each week.
Joleigh Posts: 4242
The exact same thing happened me. As far as I now, thats 1/3 of what you should normally get, and it was a week early? Well mine was a week early anyway, then on your last week you get 2/3 of it, i.e. the balance.
roxychick Posts: 1802
The same happened to me. It all sorted itself out the week after