Maternity Jeans Question plz

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hollylol Posts: 1072
Hi girls, jus a quick question. I know I won't be needing them for a while yet but heading to Dublin the weekend and mite see if I can get maternity jeans and few bits as better selection.... Anyway if I was a size ten before pregnancy wat size jeans / leggings should I be buying in the maternity range...should I go to a 12 maternity?? Thanks
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
I'm interested to see the responses too. And if people prefer the over or under bump ones?
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
New Look is brilliant for jeans and other bits. H & M has some nice bits too. NEXT have a maternity section too and Red Herring in Debenhams has some nice stuff. It's hard to say what size to get as it really depends on the shops. Some of my maternity stuff are a size 8, some size 10 and some size 12 and I would normally be a 10. I found that Doroty Perkins had a big fitting so I was an 8 in their stuff although I think they have stopped doing maternity clothes. My advice would be really to try them on and see how much room you have. I know I tried on a size 8 in New Look and it fitted but really I had very little room to grow so I knew I would have needed a 10 but they didn't have it.
babybambino Posts: 940
For jeans I found the next under the bump ones brilliant, I bought 2 pairs and wore them almost every day. i had one pair of new look over the bump ones which were fine at the start but as I got bigger I found the fabric over my tummy irritated me and I was too hot in them. New look are great for other bits and so are h+m.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
[quote="babybambino":1gmikl9z]For jeans I found the next under the bump ones brilliant, I bought 2 pairs and wore them almost every day. i had one pair of new look over the bump ones which were fine at the start but as I got bigger I found the fabric over my tummy irritated me and I was too hot in them. New look are great for other bits and so are h+m.[/quote:1gmikl9z] The New Look ones I have are under the bump :wv
Honeypop Posts: 99
I wouldn't recommend buying in advance because as the girls said it can vary. You might buy a 12 thinking they will do and realise the bump band is too big or too small. I would wait until you need them and try them on.
NemoFish Posts: 2501
My favourite jeans are my next ones, with a panel instead of pockets, under the bump. I bought them in my usual size, and they have adjustable elastic. I love them.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="babybambino":3dl6gnfo]For jeans I found the next under the bump ones brilliant, I bought 2 pairs and wore them almost every day. i had one pair of new look over the bump ones which were fine at the start but as I got bigger I found the fabric over my tummy irritated me and I was too hot in them. New look are great for other bits and so are h+m.[/quote:3dl6gnfo] It's funny cause I feel the exact opposite. I hated anything under the bump. Found them very uncomfortable. Over the bump all the way for me!! Buy normal size in maternity wear.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Best jeans I bought were Gap over the bump jeans. They're skinny fit and even though I'm normally a size 14, I fit into a size 12 (it's the small things in life eh?). The panel on the bump is a nude colour so light teeshirts and tops look fine over them. The under the bump ones were fine until about a month ago when they got a bit uncomfortable. I had a Next pair which were lovely and comfy till then. Happy shopping!
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
Best jeans I bought were Mamalicious over the bump ones, they were so comfy. I wore under the bump ones in the early stages but by the end the over the bump ones were more comfy. Liked the Next jeans too. My pre pregnancy size fitted fine in the maternity ones.