Maxi Cosi

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

busybee07 Posts: 959
Hi Girls, maybe you can help me! I was fit to kill my brothers fiancee at teh weekend, she has no kids but insisted that I buy a mxi cosi car seat, saying they are the safest around etc, then her friend pipes up say oh when u have a car crash they are the safest! Eh hello first of all i dont ever plan on having a car crash! Secondly i tried to explain that I am buying a travel system that includes a car seat, why would i go to the extra expense of buying a second car seat? What is it with the maxi cosi, should i buy an extra car seat? Are all car seats for new borns not of the same standard?
RJR Posts: 962
Hi Busybee THey're not all the same standard unfortunately, I think MaxiCosi is the second safest (not sure what the first is but there's not much between the top two anyway) You also have to think about how heavy it'll be - I was going to go for the Mamas & Papas one they can sleep in (they can't sleep in a normal one for a long time as there's a cot death risk if they do but the M&P one is fine) but I read it was too heavy to carry with the baby in whereas Maxicosi is light. Tony Kealy's is really good for car seats, they can tell you all the differences and make sure it's fitted properly etc. Your brothers fiancee probably meant well, at the antenatal I went to they told us the % of car seats fitted wrong (the vast majority!) and what happens to the baby in even a minor crash and I have to say it's the one thing I'd make sure to get done properly...
Hi RJR, Thanks for the info, where is Tony Kealy's? Im not planning on getting a buggy witht eh carrycot, coz I dont think that i will use it that much that they are worth the money.
RJR Posts: 962
There's one in Coolock, Walkinstown and Cork but I think they have an online shop as well
Oh really, thanks RJR! Will have to take a trip to coolock then!