meeting up again

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Don't know about you but I'm v. confused about when/if anyone is meeting up. We all got a big giddy on the other thread :-8 I am a chicken and might chicken out of it but Hope07 and AudreyJ you two seem the most committed - maybe it would be a good idea to create a couple of polls re. who's interested and what date would suit? Or how do these these normally get organised?
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Agree with you Blackcat. Am all confused too!! I think perhaps somewhere west of Dublin, early in the day say about 2pm or 3pm?
madmam Posts: 1294
Its great fun. I met DH on a dating website and when we all met up, we both ended up with other people that night, but we were both really jealous seeing the other with someone else. So we met up the week after, and the rest you say, is history! I'm not saying ye are all gonna turn is lesbians and get together or anything, but it is really exciting! And its great to put faces to names! Go for it! (I am in Galway, so fdon't know bout meeting up in Dublin, but if it were a little closer I would think about it!)
round two Posts: 1018
I am all on for meeting up. shorty I am not that far away from you and was thinking of either driving up or getting the train and I think that we may be able to convince butterfly of the same. The best date so far has been the 17th Feb. If anyone is on for a meet up meal on Saturday 17th Feb.... sign below [b:1qxj8uh5]Hope07[/b:1qxj8uh5]
Middle of the country would be the sprawling metropolis of Athlone!!! Prob a bit too far into culchie-land for the jackeens to venture :o0
Well if we did a poll of where everyone who will come to the meal is form and it is reasonable to bring it to the middle then there are some great restaurants in Athlone. The handy part of all of this is that most of us will be on water so we can dirve home again that evening. I really don't mind where we decide, even cavan ( :o0 ) I am game. Is there anyone else.... I am so lonely on the list
ginger nut Posts: 5989
[quote="Hope07":14fuasxz]I am all on for meeting up. shorty I am not that far away from you and was thinking of either driving up or getting the train and I think that we may be able to convince butterfly of the same. The best date so far has been the 17th Feb. If anyone is on for a meet up meal on Saturday 17th Feb.... sign below [b:14fuasxz]Hope07 Ginger Nut[/b:14fuasxz][/quote:14fuasxz] i'm in (in theory - as long as a) i don't lose my nerve and b) we aren't away that weekend.
Hope07 Gingernut??? BlackCat??? Gingernut I've put you down as a question mark. I'm the same. May be going to Paris that weekend for a late Valentine's. If not, would love to go but a)haven't got a car and b)haven't got great guts for this kind of thing!
Ok, So 3 of us are going to meet...... Come on girls where are you
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Hope07 Gingernut??? BlackCat? Mrs Gobnaith? OK I'm down too, but as explained earlier I may be working and won't know until that week.