michael guineys

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aylala Posts: 3673
heard the other day in work they are sellin cellular blankets for around €5 might pop in on saturday kind of want to pick up a few bits like blankets and muslin cloths and small baby things. Nothing big yet. Was thinkin of waiting until jan sales for the cot as babs will still be in moses basket or am i mad i just dont see the need. Anyone else the same
14082010 Posts: 2103
They have fab little bargains in there, defo worth a glance :eek . They do loads of little knitwears too :wv
Emme Posts: 4735
I'm heading in there this evening to get some of my muslins and blankets, will let ya know what I find!
slinkyminx Posts: 650
I was in there last week, hoping to pick up a bundle of muslin cloths, but they only had 2 packs of 3 left, so i grabbed those (€3 for 3 cloths). I also picked up some hooded towels for €4 each, really cute designs. The cellular blankets are fab - if you don't know the sex of your baby, they have lovely yellow & green ones, v nice shades. You should definitely be able to pick up a good few bargains! :wv
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I'm heading there this weekend! Hoping to do a big blitz and work my way through my ever-growing list :eek
sapphire09 Posts: 393
The fitted pram/moses and cot/cotbed sheets are great value too. I got lovely cot bed sheets at around Eur 5 each, moses basket fitted ones, 2 for Eur 6. Also they do wraps - basically large squares of cotton material - 3 for Eur 6. These are really handy for wrapping newborns to make them feel snuggly and secure, used as flat sheets in moses basket/pram, or used as burp cloths etc so handy to have. Make sure and go to the right Guineys though, it's the one nearest O'Connell St....don't be like me and traipse into every single Guineys on that street...there's about 5 of them!!
aylala Posts: 3673
well i was pricing stuff in mama's and papa today :eek wow €24 for a hooded towel sorry but i could not justify that. But i did get a very cute mobile reduced to €35 and a photo frame teddy. Spent around €50 on both so while their stuff is lovely i will be only getting few bits in there as its so expensive. Im off tmw so might head to guineys in the morning. Its on talbot st isnt it? Enme how did you get on