Menu

Mobile hairdresser- am I being ripped off?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FutureMrsL Posts: 231
Hi girls. I asked my usual hairdresser to do mine, my mothers and three bridesmaids hair the morning of the wedding in my house. Myself and two of my bridesmaids are getting upstyles, my mum a quick blow dry and another bridesmaid just a straight blowdry. Granted the hairdresser has to take the morning off work, however I have been going to her for years and my house is actually less than a mile out of her way on her route to work. I asked her how much it was last week, as I'm getting my budgets together and she said between 270 and 290. I live in the west so they arent city prices. Can someone please tell me if I am being ripped off or is this standard because I have been told if I go into the hairdressers I would pay 25 for blow drys and 30 for upstyles. Does 60 euro pp seem a bit steep to anyone else? Would love your feedack on this :wv
chaos Posts: 1904
i booked my mobile hairdresser but now am rethinking it. she quoted me for 2 of us to get upstyles 200 euro. i text her a few days after booking her to say could she add in a blowdry for my mam in that. thats limerick city. so you are getting an extra blowdry and extra upstyle for another 70 onto my prices so i think it must be normal prices.
Wow Chaos, I feel a lot better now. 200 euro for two? I wonder is it any cheaper to go into them? my make up artist is coming to the house as well so I was just being lazy. Have you rang around anywhere?
mrsgameover Posts: 383
Hi Ladies, This seems about right to me. I am getting my make up artist and hairdresser to come to the house on the morning. Make up for the wedding party is costing 300 Euro and then an extra 70 euro for anyone extra. For the hairdresser its 250 for the wedding party and then an extra 20 for a short blow dry, 40 for a long blow dry and 60 for an upstyle. I think that it is definitely worth it for the luxury of having the girls come out to me and not having to try run around town and co-ordinate that everyone be in the right place at the right time.
black pearl Posts: 3513
Wow , I am suprised at the prices!!!! I am going to the hairdresses myself, but my friend is a beautician and she is coming to the house to do all our makeups, its 5 of us incl my mum, I want to pay her even though she insists she wont take money, how much do ye think I should pay her?
chaos Posts: 1904
no havent rang around yet. i really want someone to come to the house & found it really hard to find someone. i'll be getting my hair done in my usual place next week so might ask them if they come to the house and how much
Butsemma I am the same as you my friend is a make up artist and she is doing the make up for me. We made an agreement that that would be her wedding present to us, because like your friend she refused to take any money. She said it was something she wanted to do for me and in the long run it saves her money because she doesnt have to give us a present.
black pearl Posts: 3513
I was thinking of that too, that it would be her wedding present to us, cos we will all be using our own foundation etc so all she really has to do is oput it on, and do our eyes, my mam is refusing to let her into the house unles she takes money!!!! :-8
she Posts: 3298
I think it sounds about right
Well bustemma if your mum is insisting maybe you could get her a voucher or some token gesture because if you give her money, she may feel obliged to give you a present. Had this conversation in detail with my friend last night, that's why I'm so knowledgable :o0