Nerves

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dolally Posts: 394
Hi wollies.. It's 17 months to the big day, I have quite a bit done (too much) and I'm feeling kind of meh... Some days super excited some days just 'meh'. I worry is it because its wayyyyy to early to do any more? or because something else? Sometimes I wish I could just go now and get married but we haven't got the cash, and I know in the long run I do want our big white day.. Anyone feeling the same or am I completely insane??
Snuffy Posts: 1492
Ah sure I'm like that and I'm getting married 3 weeks tomorrow!
cpfbride Posts: 215
I'm like that too, have 2 months to go and nerves do get the better of me... If we had our time back, we definitely would do it differently..just go away the two of us and get married.
Really?? Lol.. 3 weeks is not long at all.. 17 months seems like a lifetime.. We have a few final things to sort out with the hotel and then sign the contracts. All that money it's such a huge commitment. No more than the marriage itself haha...
Well I meant the swinging between excited and meh feelings :-)
I know what you ment... Best of luck with ur big day :)
nuttybride Posts: 594
[quote="Snuffy":f4sko0n6]Well I meant the swinging between excited and meh feelings :-)[/quote:f4sko0n6] I know exactly how you feel. I was worried that I was the only one thinking like this and not getting too excited all the time. I think we put so much into it and just want it to happen, sometimes the planning can take away from the fun but in turn other times can really add to it, all depends on what part we are planning I think we collected our rings yesterday and that got me super excited! Cant believe you are only a few weeks away now Snuffy!!
I know, less than 3 weeks! Everyone keeps asking me if I'm super excited and I keep saying yes, but I'm not. Well, I'm looking forward to it and I'm not nervous or have cold feet or anything but at the moment I'm not what I'd consider super excited.If that makes sense. Though extended family annoying me at the moment is probably impacting a bit on that. I've come to the conclusion I'm just the most laid back and un-bride like bride to be ever :-) Maybe I should start a club?
loulou2014 Posts: 32
I get excited when I have a really productive week! Like this week we booked all our music (church band and DJ) and picked our cake design. Also bought bridesmaid dresses and accesories for the girls so I'm broke but excited. Haha! I know next week now I won't even think about it for a few days until I get the urge of energy to organise something else.... like the dress... GULP! I think the week before hand when people start sending the "good luck" texts is when you really start the enjoy the nerves and the jitters. A long way to that feeling though :P
17 months to our day and we have band,reception, church, my bouquet, dj, cake, photographer and videographer.. No wonder I'm getting fed up,I might take up a night course to distract myself.. I also have table decoration collected :)