New born baby clothes v's 0-3 months???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

angels 58 Posts: 236
Hi girls, impossible to know babys size but what sizes are you buying for the hospital baby and going home outfit? :thnk
mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
iv a mix of newborn, 0-3 and a couple of early/tiny baby things too as a friend told me her wee man didnt fit his newborn clothes when he arrived
marles Posts: 1397
When I was expecting DD I bought Next 0-1 mth for the hospital and coming home etc.Then we moved onto 0-3mth. I was happier that she was in something that fitted her as opposed to being in something that was way too big.They say it is better to have the clothes fitting them when they are so tiny. It will depend on the weight,but if you have a couple of 0-1 mth and 0-3 mth you can see how it goes, Also I would advise you to buy the vests that clip across the chest rather than having to go over their heads.I know it made life much easier for me to use these vests. Tesco sell them and they are great!
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Mothercare do newborn vests which open up completely and have velcro on the sides and underneath. These were amazing when you're trying to get used to your tiny new baby. Also saves you having to take the vest off over their head when they've had those first few leaky nappies >:o) [url:3b1lce2u]http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Boys-Premature-Bodysuits-3pk/dp/B003UFUTTE?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_3&nodeId=132186031&sr=1-3&qid=1317210983&pf_rd_r=144ED7BM6V3EQYZGPRW8&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=132186031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5[/url:3b1lce2u]
OurYear Posts: 1002
I was thinking about this the other day... I had a good few newborn babygros....which honestly didn't really fit much at all. My little girls was 7lb 2oz at birth... so she wasn't big, and the new born stuff was almost too small from the start. I did put them on her for the first say 2 weeks, but they were awkward to get on her. I did have 2 sets of 3 babygros for up to one month which i got in next. What I would do is get some of those ( I think mothercare does them too). SO basically they do until about 10-11lb ( as opposed to the newborn 7-8lb). I'd get about 6-9 of those (2-3 packs of 3) and then get 0-3 months aswell. I got about 6-8 weeks out of the 'up to one month' babygros. Also make sure when you are buying the baby grows that they open straight down the middle and nearly all the way to the feet (IYKWIM). some baby gros clasp diagonally down the front and only button down to one foot, these are more awkward to get on, especially if on the small side! Also if you can get the babygros with the built in mittens on the sleeve these are dead handy, as at the start you will find their nails are so long and grow like wild fire... and they tend to rub their hands up around their faces and scratch themselves...so the mitts are handy.
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
well i have only bought one outfit thats newborn and the rest are 0-3 with the exception of 2 babygros rom tesco which says newborn but its up to 10lb ....at the ante natal class the mw said to get 0-3 as most babys wont fit into newborn and if they do it will only be for a short time
FoundHome Posts: 1753
[quote="OurYear"]Also make sure when you are buying the baby grows that they open straight down the middle and nearly all the way to the feet (IYKWIM). some baby gros clasp diagonally down the front and only button down to one foot, these are more awkward to get on, especially if on the small side! [quote] +1 on this. Some of the Mothercare and Next ones are like this. I didn't mind these on DS so much during the day but refused to put these on him at night. Nightfeeds are hard enough :-8 Any newborn/young baby gifts which I received with buttons only on the back or over the head (one or two buttons on the neck etc) went straight back to the shop too. Dressing LOs in the early days is challenging enough
Anon - Please help Posts: 203
I totally second those vests from Tescos that open down the front. They were a godsend and seemed to fit and wash better then the other ones I had. In fact of all the baby gros and vests I had, Dunnes, Penneys, Next, and Tescos the tescos ones have lasted the best. The next ones went all ballie when I washed them and the others shrunk or maybe DS just got bigger!!! Anyway, DS was 8lb7oz and he had to go straight into the 0-3 babygros, they were a little big on him but he was a long baby so he needed them for the length. Hope this helps. xx
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
im buying 0-3 months as ds was in them straight away whan born at 9lb the newborn clothes never fit so not taking the chance this time
ructions Posts: 2689
I would highly recommend the Marks and Spencer Up To 1 Month size. It says 9lbs 14oz on them and they are the only things that fit DS properly at the moment. Most of the 0-3 month are too big on him and he's over 10lbs now. It all depends on the shop as every one has different measurements for the age groups but I've found M&S stuff the best so far.