number of people at dress viewing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
hey girls do you think it would be ok if my bro came looking at wedding dreses with me or is men a no no.....the shop is to yourself for the app generally?? :wv
Cudsxxx Posts: 208
I haven't been shopping for the guna yet - but I can't see why not!
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
i would ring the shop first to tell them that he is coming but legally they cant not let him into the shop . my dad came with me to pick my dress and drops into the shop every few weeks to pay money of the dress ..
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
sorry double post
evalena Posts: 1130
[quote="hollywoodbride":1szffgnf]i would ring the shop first to tell them that he is coming but legally they cant not let him into the shop . my dad came with me to pick my dress and drops into the shop every few weeks to pay money of the dress ..[/quote:1szffgnf] Legally??? There would be no need to warn the shop. If they stopped him I think he might be able to sue them for being sexist!!
joker Posts: 2789
Cant see why he shouldnt be able to come... I went dress shoppin with my future sis in law for her wedding and her best mate who is a fella came too! There is nothing wrong with bringing a fella to a wedding dress shop! :wv
MrsW2010 Posts: 348
I had intended on bringing my little bro (he's 15) with me when I narrowed down what dress i wanted, he has a better sense of style than my sisters combined and will always give me an honest opinion even if it's to tell me i look awlfull. In the end he was at school when we went but i showed him a pic and wouldn't think twice about bringing him with me when it comes in.
sunny505 Posts: 1807
Didn't see any guys when I was shopping. But if I had, I've had no problem with it. Think it might be unusual but certainly not unheard of - I'd go for it. Why not add a bit of craic to it and tell shop it's your husband and you want to make sure he likes your dress :o0 :o0 :o0
Is it a busy shop? If there are lots of other brides there, they might feel uncomfortable
superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
hey all, some of ye may have seen actually got my dress yesterday didnt bring the bro to that shop as thought era i def wont get it there!!!! but i actually did!!!! so thanks a mill for all your help!! :lvs