Oh crap

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sugarandspice Posts: 2378
DH always saying how clumsy I am - breaking glasses when washing up, that sort of thing. Now he's not gonna let me forget this...... I dropped his iPad, and smashed the screen. [email protected]@k He's out so will hide it and hopefully he won't look for it until agree I manage to get it fixed. Agghhhhhhjjjhnjj
HippyChic Posts: 1812
Oh no! DH broke his iPad screen last week (thankfully it wasn't me that did it but even then I still felt guilty!) and contacted Apple about getting it repaired - it was €300+ and would be gone for 3 weeks so he found a place in Cork that did it for €140-something and had it ready the next day (and if he'd dropped it in earlier they'd have had it the same day). If you're in/near Cork let me know and I'll get the contact details off him for you.
Thanks. My friend just told me that she got iPhone screen fixed last wk some place near me in Dublin so will get details and contact them. Hopefully wont cost a fortune. God I'm so clumsy
Anahita Posts: 1161
Ok, just contacted place in ballymount. They'll do it Monday morning for €119. I really am a cluts
tickingclock Posts: 609
I think this is a market I really need to tap into, seriously, I have friends who break their screens on a regularly basis! I dunno how they do it!
[quote="icklebabs":2t7km6nh]I think this is a market I really need to tap into, seriously, I have friends who break their screens on a regularly basis! I dunno how they do it![/quote:2t7km6nh] Dunno how I managed it either!
pinklady001 Posts: 268
Not meaning to put a further dampner on things sugarandspice but I think you need to tell him. If anything further happens the ipad while under warranty then apple won't touch it if the screen has been replaced by a third party so he might need to know this?! I smashed the screen on my iphone, got if fixed and when it restarted it upgraded to the new ios software. There was a bug in it that affected a few phones, apple would have just replaced it for me but once they knew it opened by a third party there wasn't much hope of them fixing it. Now the girl on the phone said I could send it in and chance it but there is a tamper proof seal in it and they would know it had been opened. Had to get a new phone myself :(
Thanks for replies - ended up telling him yesterday when he was looking for it to watch football on (has sky sports app). Said he was surprised that it hasn't happened sooner, knowing how clumsy I am! And think he was more disappointed at missing the match then!
Well got the iPad fixed. However in a continuing run of bad luck managed to knock over iron this morning and now have an iron shaped patch on carpet in landing. I can't be trusted around small appliances / gadgets