Menu

Paying with credit card or cash?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

missbridie2b Posts: 183
Hi wollies, Just wondering, does it make any difference if we pay for the venue, suppliers etc. by cash or credit card when we have wedding insurance? I read that if something was to go wrong, you are in a better position to get money back if you pay with your credit card - but, if you have wedding insurance does it really matter? Thanks
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
Doesn't matter if you have insurance. And keep in mind you will end up paying more if you use your credit card with charges and intrest!
MrsJN2B Posts: 64
Still pay with your credit card - especially if you have the money to transfer over and pay it off straight away. We lost our deposit with black tie and we would have had to pay a €50 excess if we'd claimed it back through our insurance but as we are claiming it back through the bank we will get it all back.
missbridie2b Posts: 183
[quote="MrsJN2B":1dmc5jgq]Still pay with your credit card - especially if you have the money to transfer over and pay it off straight away. We lost our deposit with black tie and we would have had to pay a €50 excess if we'd claimed it back through our insurance but as we are claiming it back through the bank we will get it all back.[/quote:1dmc5jgq] Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we have been transferring money on to cc as and when we need to pay things. After reading about your experience I think we'll just continue to do so!