Pew Ends for Church all ideas welcome

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

micksmrs Posts: 931
Haven't got a clue how to decorate the church, I am not a fan of Tulle Bows and am at a loss as to what else I could do with the pew ends. Any ideas greatly welcome. Thanks :wv
mentalrebel Posts: 1603
hey j4m...you could do ribbon bows or if bows arent your thing you can just do single flowers which are very elegant or some fern and gyp is nice or you could do berries etc depending on the time of year! hth
Thanks Mental Rebel was thinking of the ribbon bows until the florist told me how Old Fashioned that is now and not the done thing I was left :-8 . Aparently its Tulle all the way.......Might try the flower approach. The florist was trying to get me to put Gerberas on the seats in the tulle bows but I am not a gerbera fan (they are just like a huge daisy to me) Might just go with the ribbon bows and make them myself if i dont get any better ideas/suggestions.
mentalrebel Posts: 1603
i am having ribbon!! old fashioned...pah! i like the ribbons and i am adding in some ivy and gyp and they look lovely...dont mind her...go with what you want!! :wv
MrsS-at-last Posts: 182
|I'm thinking of having small silver buckets, tied with a ribbon to the pew and filled with hydrangeas. You don't need many blooms as the flowers are so big. Saw it in an issue of martha stewart weddings. Bought it recently in Easons.
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
I'm growing pots of lavender (which I will pick and dry next summer) and tying them with twine. I'll put a little essential oil in them to enhance the lovely calming smell
Thanks for your suggestions girls, will have a look around. Like the idea of the buckets MrsS2B. Tired bride the lavendar also sounds like a lovely idea. Nice and soothing too!
anika Posts: 2194
pm me if u like and i post u some pics. am a florist and done many different things for church pew ends. so there r looooooooads of ideas out there. let me know if u need help ok? what time in the year r u getting married and what is ur colour scheme? all the best with the planning as it is great fun!!!!
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
[quote="J4M":39r7eg38]Thanks for your suggestions girls, will have a look around. Like the idea of the buckets MrsS2B. Tired bride the lavendar also sounds like a lovely idea. Nice and soothing too![/quote:39r7eg38] And very cost effective. It's quite inexpensive to buy in big bunches too
frecklz Posts: 1839
[quote="tiredbride":1rhcxttt]I'm growing pots of lavender (which I will pick and dry next summer) and tying them with twine. I'll put a little essential oil in them to enhance the lovely calming smell[/quote:1rhcxttt] Wow you're going to a lot of trouble! In comparison, I had no pew ends and nobody noticed! :o0 Lovely idea though.