Pj's for hospital - anyone bought lately??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Hi, I know this topic has been done a millon times before but with stock changing so much in shops I am wondering has anyone got any nice comfy pjs lately for the hospital. Last time I bought "silky" pjs from pennys with buttons down front for feeding. Big mistake as they were so sweaty and uncomfortable! so trying to get prepared now. Thanks :thnk
Perci Posts: 3847
I got some cotton ones in dunnes today. You can mix and match so I got dark bottoms with a cotton 'Grandad' style top with buttons down the front.
Elly Baby Posts: 37
I got more or less the same as what Perci describes in Penneys last week! Mix n matches aswell, bottoms €7 each & tops €6 each! My tops aren't completely button down though, only have 3 or 4 buttons at the top!
easter bunny Posts: 35
I know you asked whether people had bought them recently, but I got a pair last summer 2010 in mothercare that were just the best thing! If you are passing a mothercare have a look for them, they might be something they stock all the time. They were black (very necessary as I bled a lot the first few days), don't know what material they were made of, but felt like a really silky cotton so were really comfy, and the top was like a cami so was great in the heat of the hospital. Also there was a clasp where the straps were attached so you could unhook for BF. I'm definitely going to be wearing them again this time.
adelz Posts: 3088
They sound lovely, I know this is prob going to be a stupid question but what do people wear when first go into hospital, like for labour etc etc :-8 I like the idea of black for after the birth! Does everybody bleed alot or what or how do you know whats too much or not :-8 :-8 Sorry first timer and clueless
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I have 2 pairs of satin pj bottoms that I got in penneys a month or 2 ago the tops are cotton (wouldnt wear the satin top ones imagine they would be very warm) but then I bought a couple of ordinary vest tops as Ive been very warm all through pregnancy and I get very uncomfortable if Im too warm. Was in penneys again yesterday and they had black cottom pj bottoms and they are SO light its unreal! They could also pass for tracksuit bottoms as they are just plain black but are in the nightware section - were only €7.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I got soem button down nightdresses in Dunnes for €6 each and then two pairs of pjs in penneys (7 and 8 euro) I find pjs very warm so one pair are a very light cotton with cropped bottoms and short sleeves, they're a kind fo pink spotted design. The other pair have satin bottoms in black with a bit of pink, the top is a short sleeve stretchy cotton t shirt with a v neck.
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
thanks girls, will have a look. Really want something that I can button down. Babasdel, I just threw on tracksuit bottoms and hoodie going into hospital when I was in labour. Once I was there and they had examined me I changed into night dress, slippers and bath robe. My waters went and soaked my nightdress so I had a spare nightdress for that reason hth
adelz Posts: 3088
Super thanks for that, will get nightdresses and wil def look at those black bottom pjs! Thanks for that. :wv
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I got 2 black nightshirts with half button down front in Penneys for €6 each. They're for delivery..... including a spare if I destroy the first one when waters break! I got the €8 light cotton PJ's in a mocha colour pattern (they're the same ones Ciarella got in the pink I reckon). Again, I find PJ's warm at the best of times and hospitals are usually v. hot so these were ideal. Everything else in the shops at the minute is flannelette or fleece which would be insufferable in hospital. Otherwise I got myself one nice PJ in M&S (thinking of the photographs!!) in dark purple with pink spots. Again, really light cotton with short sleeve shirt style top. Only €20 which is pretty good for M&S.