POLL: How long to loose the baby weight?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Hi girls, Just for fun and to remind myself that this wont happen in a week :-) How long did it take to get back into your pre pregnancy clothes? Any advice or feedback would be great girls. I'm a bit mad with myself for eating more crap than I had hoped and back pain meant no walking but hopefully I wont be too big once baby arrives. So excited to be pregnant that a lot of the time I just eat what I want and forget about the consequences and the dreaded weight gain! xx
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight but I've a different shape. I've only really gotten back on track with exercise recently. I had a hard time with morning sickness, it was very back until 16 weeks and never really went away, so I ended up eating whatever I could tolerate and drinking coke/7 up (I'd NEVER have fizzy drinks any other time, I don't really like them!) to keep me going. If I go again I hope to either have it better with the sickness or at least I'll know what to do about it. I also let exercise slip a lot, but I'd know what to do next time.
lovethesite Posts: 1054
Thanks Anne, you know so many people have told me that their shape has totally changed. Do you mind me asking if you gained a lot during your pregnancy. I'd say I'll be on track for 2+ stone at least, have a small frame and usually find it hard enough to loose weight. I have a lovely bump but if I'm honest the rest of me looks more plump also!
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
Like ACS I'm back at my pre baby weight by about a kilo, but my shape has changed. I'm still nursing so my boobs are bigger and hips are wider. Hoping this goes back to normal post breastfeeding. I was 8.5 stone, gained 2.5 stone.
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
I picked 5-6 months & i gained 2.5 stone in total. I dont find my shape has changed as such apart from my teeny boobs have become even smaller :o(
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
I was back to pre pregnancy weight after 2 weeks & I have lost a further 10lb! I think it's just being on the go all the time keeps the weight down.
Mamabelle2011 Posts: 363
It took about 13 months to lose it all (3 and a half stone, I had a good time!! :-8 ). Didn't really try all that much for the first 8 months, I was breastfeeding and starving all the time! I definitely didn't lose a lb feeding. I copped on before going back to work and started spinning as well as just looking after my diet. I weigh a few lbs less than pre-pregnancy weight but my shape has changed. Tummy softer, hips a bit wider and boobs gone forever :weep Oh well!!
mamajen Posts: 2263
I was back to pre pregnancy weight in 2 weeks and I have lost another 4/5lbs, I'm the lightest I've been in a long time! I had put on 3 stone but I had an 11lb baby!
elpi Posts: 748
I put on 2 stone during pregnancy, had lost that within 2 weeks and have lost another 8 pounds since. An putting it down to breast feeding as my diet hasn't been great. Even though I weigh less than I did my tummy isn't as flat as it was :(
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I was actually back to my pre pregnancy weight after about 4 weeks but I wasn't happy with my pre pregnancy weight to begin with! Since then unfortunately I've lost the plot and put on about 7 pounds by eating cake with the yummy mummy's :o( :o(