Menu

Poor Child :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
H2b was working late last night, so when he was coming home he stopped of at a chippy to get himself soemthing to eat, it was 11.40 when he was in there, and he said that there was a "junkie" in there with her child, and the child was crawling around on the freezing cold tiles in her pjs, and no coat!!!!!!!!!! Fu cking p1sses me of no head this type of neglect!! It was baltic out last night! I know if id have been there id have been crying looking at the poor thing! O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
Doll Face Posts: 3721
There is a little one in my kids school and her dad collects her drunk nearly every day !! The poor little thing does have to hold her dad up when hes walking...so sad :o( Its the child the suffers the most :o(
marles Posts: 1397
It is so hard to see the way some children are treated.In my job I see too many children that are just fending for themselves. There are so many children out there who get themselves into school every day and this is the only space they get. There is one child in school and every time he does something "Bold" his parents shave his head,the child is a little wild and a typical 8 year old boy,no reason to shave his head. I have also seen children coming into school on freezing cold days with no socks,they had no socks to put on! :o( I could go on and on about the horrible ways in which some children are treated all they need is love and care.
candypants Posts: 8575
There is NO reason for kids to be going without socks, coats, hats ect Ok money maybe be tight but jesus christ!! They get childrens allowance, if they went to pennys every so often for essentials they wouldnt be without. Theres just no excuse for it! Drives me mental!
marles Posts: 1397
Exactly they get childrens allowance and where does it go?Not on the child in many cases,money is tight for many families and parents are struggling but children need care and to not put socks on a child or a coat etc.. is neglect. It is heart breaking to see children suffer,innocent little children who have had no choice or no say in what happens to them.
jezzebel Posts: 153
:o( Heartbreaking stuff. Feel sorry for social services tho they're hands are tied. Cases have to be extreme before anything can be done and then it's too late. They shave his head marles??? what kind of issues is that poor child going to have?
gillette Posts: 1803
Horrific. I heard about this on the radio this morning - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 99694.html How can they not see how lucky they are to have twins?
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
[quote="gillette":2kdsqars]Horrific. I heard about this on the radio this morning - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 99694.html How can they not see how lucky they are to have twins?[/quote:2kdsqars] Oh that just makes me so mad!!!! >:o( >:o( >:o( Why can't these people see how blessed they are to have these children, when there are the likes of myself and hubby, along with everyone over in TTC, just aching to have a child!
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
[quote:31yit24u]Their father left them on the doorstep and drove off to work, his wife refused to take them in leaving them outside in the rain for 20 minutes. The court heard the mother rang the Garda complaining about her husband and only took the children into her house when gardaĆ­ directed her to do so. [/quote:31yit24u] OH MY GOD! WHat is wrong with some people?? >:o( >:o( O:|
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
God them stories make me so so sad. As the saying goes "The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children". I actually feel really annoyed that we have such an attitude in this country , we see kids being neglected and abused and do nothing - myself included because what can we do - i mean you can call the Guards or Social Welfare but its not like there are proper support systems in place to help and protect these children. God talking about a child wearing no socks - I've often seen kids socks in penneys for 50c for a pack of 3 in the sales - these parents don't care if their kids have socks or not - its not about the money - they just don't give a crap. It must be very hard being a teacher or someone who sees such neglect on a daily basis and not being able to do much about it. I feel frustrated (at myself as well) that such an attitude is tolerated. very upsetting but i mean we don't even have proper protection of children in our constitution - talk about backward.