pregancy massage?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Allure Posts: 220
thinking of having a massage on Sat - do you have to of reached a certain time in your pregancy or am I goo to go?
blinginhappy Posts: 1356
13 weeks should be grand but each salon might have its own rules? Enjoy would love to get one but feel to big and awkward at this stage!
tipperarygal Posts: 482
Hi, I had one at 9 weeks with no problems. Make sure the masseus is trained in pregnancy massage as there are certain areas of the back they cannot touch. Enjoy it and make sure you can relax afterwards as all you will want to do is sleep.
Duffers Posts: 1841
The mamma mio massages are lovely. Most places wont or at least shouldnt do any massage until 12 weeks into the pregnancy. It is a very vulnerable time and would be unprofessional for them to carry out a full body massage. At most a 30 min head massage is acceptable before the 12 week mark. Hope this help and be sure to advise upon booking how far gone you are.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Pregnancy massage is great. I had one at about 24 weeks in the Solis Lough Eske in Donegal. Not bad but they only had an ordinary table so they had to do my back with me lying on my side - not the most comfortable. Had another one just last week in Malta and it was fantastic. They had a proper pregnancy massage table with a hole for the bump and it was the most comfortable I'd been in a long long time. For anyone further along I would definitely recommend trying to find somewhere with the proper table. So fab!!!
blondiee Posts: 771
Hi Allure, I had mama mio unwind package done about 2 weeks ago, it was pure lush and i bought some of the products and my skin feels great. It is expensive tho so dig deep :eek