Pregnacare??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
I was at the hospital nearly 2 weeks for the first time and my bloods were taken...the midwife said if anything was low they'd ring me asap...however i'm wondering if i should be taking pregnacare or something similar or wait til the hospital gets back to me??? i'm still taking folic acid btw
Duncelt Posts: 460
As far as I'm aware its entirely up to yourself if you want to take a pregnancy vitamin - I took folic acid up to 13 weeks and then moved on to Santogen which would be similar to pregnacare for the duration and still taking it. Your health care provided may advise you to take iron tablets at some stage but if your taking pregnacare or the like then there is iron in that - I think its a wise choice for the development of baby!!!!
Duncelt Posts: 460
As far as I'm aware its entirely up to yourself if you want to take a pregnancy vitamin - I took folic acid up to 13 weeks and then moved on to Santogen which would be similar to pregnacare for the duration and still taking it. Your health care provider may advise you to take iron tablets at some stage but if your taking pregnacare or the like then there is iron in that - I think its a wise choice for the development of baby!!!!
lollypop Posts: 317
I started Pregnacare at 16 weeks following the advise of the consultant. I think it's good to take it too. I would go with that for the moment anyway.
baby-bop09 Posts: 20
Hi all, My doctor put me on pregnacare when i went in for the first visit (@ Wk 4), she said it was better - an all round supplement. She told me folic acid was no longer needed then coz its in the pregnacare. I suppose every GP will differ but i don't think there is any harm in it anyhow. Best of luck :o)ll
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
my consultant said to start pregnacare from week 12 my diet is not the best so i really need the vitamins!
LoveACuppa Posts: 296
I'm taking Sanatogen pro-natal and omega 3 supplements. Have been a bit erratic at taking them lately and feeling wrecked, so trying to remember to have them every day again!