Pregnant friend needs your help...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

weektee Posts: 468
My friend is getting married next week and she is 6 months pregnant! Problem is, she tried on her dress last night and it doesnt fit!! Can any of you help? Doesnt need to be a wedding dress, more formal dress if you get me! Any ideas where she should look? She's heading into Dublin tomoro and is prepared to look online also... or anywhere really just needs help knowing where to look! Anyone? xx
jen2 Posts: 3106
Cant really help, the poor thing. Hope she gets something. Fourms and Nelo in the city centre ( grafton street area) are really nice maternity shops. Expensive but they should have something. Jen2
Delish Posts: 4176
I'ld try Powerscourt, I believe there is a good dress maker in there, my sis is six months and she was considering getting an evening dress made, and was happy with the service she recieved even tho she eventually went for another dress. Another option is the Debenham's own dress range, the dresses are actually really nice and even though they are not maternity wear a larger size might suit your friend. Good luck!!
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
i know it might be a long shot but tx maxx , M & S or debenhams might help All the best with the search
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi Monsoon do lovely wedding style dresses too so she could buy a size up in one of these and then get it altered by a dressmaker HTH
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Charity shop would be one or if she wants to travel to Cork I have two dresses at home, mine and my sisters a size 12 and a size 16 - size 16 might fit and you could borrow it and alter it to suit