Prime Time Tonight

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess Mom Posts: 304
Just posting a reminder to all interested wollies to watch RTE 1 9.35pm They are doing an investigation into the damage caused to women during labour by practices in Irish Maternity Hospitals (I hope I picked that up right). It is probably going to make for shocking viewing but look on the bright side it might be a step towards rectifying any problems found and will make us more aware of what to watch for.
Daisyboo Posts: 1347
Would you believe, made program, about this a few years. Was very heartbreaking to watch , what those poor woman went through . Nearly all had problesm, for the rest of there lives, was barbaric what happend to them .
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Jesus sounds terrible, I'll make myself watch it but it will prob turn me off having another...
Daisyboo Posts: 1347
[quote="Jeidi":yskp74zm]Jesus sounds terrible, I'll make myself watch it but it will prob turn me off having another...[/quote:yskp74zm] Its not anything that goes on now Jeidi, it was procdure, that they carried out in Holles Street, in the 50's and 60's .
Millie- Posts: 490
hmmmm, i think i might have to give it a miss. i am too much of a wuss. i know myself and would start imagining all those things happening in holles street nowadays... i think for me (to a certain extent) ignorance is bliss when it comes to labour.
mrs gerard Posts: 1669
[quote="Millie-":1pepjj89]hmmmm, i think i might have to give it a miss. i am too much of a wuss. i know myself and would start imagining all those things happening in holles street nowadays... i think for me (to a certain extent) ignorance is bliss when it comes to labour.[/quote:1pepjj89] i completely agree!
[quote="Daisyboo":2nzrwwyp][quote="Jeidi":2nzrwwyp]Jesus sounds terrible, I'll make myself watch it but it will prob turn me off having another...[/quote:2nzrwwyp] Its not anything that goes on now Jeidi, it was procdure, that they carried out in Holles Street, in the 50's and 60's .[/quote:2nzrwwyp] Oh right hahah thanks for clarifying that for me! I have a pain in my fionnuala at the thought of it already. :duh:
SGirl Posts: 2542
Would love to watch this but I think it would put the fear of God in me, even though it refers to decades ago. I have been watching "one born every minute" on channel 4 and I love that.
blondiechick Posts: 1641
This is one programme I am definately NOT going to watch. I have enough fears about labour without unnecessarily adding to them!!
I taped it last night and it was about some politian fella?