Menu

Private Anomoly Scan CUMH

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsPositive Posts: 1548
Hi there, Im due my anomoly scan in CUMH in two weeks, its a private scan in the main hospital. Im going private. Can anyone tell me if there is a large TV screen to see the baby? I've heard of some having a 50 inch screen and that would be fantastic! Thank you
BobbiR Posts: 150
hi Mrs positive if memory serves ur with Louise Kenny. I was with her to and she does all her appointments in the private consultants clinic. the 20 wk scan is done with the same machine u had ur first scan on. They only do a mini anomaly scan n the hospital for public patients. I've never heard of the 50inch screens maybe that's at places like babyscan n ballincollig. U still see loads on the normal screen. I didn't have Louise do my 20wk scan as she had been called over to hospital so had DrHorgan, I think he covers for her when she's unavailable, he's excellent. He showed us legs and arms fingers toes the lot so I imagine she'll do just as much and we got loads of photo's.
barcababy Posts: 66
I had my anomaly scan 11 weeks ago in CUMH and there is a big screen so you get to see everything!! It's fab ;)
Hi there, Louise told me that the Anomoly Scans are done over in the main CUMH as her scanner is only a small standard scanner its not equipped for an anomoly scan. So when i got the call from CUMH the girl told me its definitely in the maternity hospital and not in the consultant private rooms. Im just hoping all is ok doesnt matter what size screen it is!!
DollyP Posts: 955
MrsP, I've pm-ed you x
Savida Posts: 542
I had mine done in the consultants clinic and it was perfect. Good luck with yours!
Service Finder
thanks sweet love, I'll ask again tomorrow as i have an appointment then, God I hope there is nothing wrong and that they are sending me down to the CUMH to check out something! agh! I wonder if its a new thing as on my initial big green folder I got I was asked if I wanted an anomoly scan it was optional and it said if I did that it was done with another scanner in the main hospital now that I think back. Anyway thanks for the replies I'll let you know what Louise says tomorrow.
Savida Posts: 542
Maybe its a new policy they got... Good luck with it!! :o)ll
BobbiR Posts: 150
It must be a new thing going into the main hospital. It was all red folders when i was going through it this time last yr and you didn't have to opt in for it. Do u mind me asking if the consultant then does it in the hospital for you and is it incuded in the fee out of intrest? I wouldn't worry about there being anythng wrong as if there was they would have u back in straight away rather than making you wait and worry.
Hi girls just out from Louise and parents there with their babies for their 6 week appointment all had red folders! We re all green! Louise said her scanner is only a mini scanner and that anomoly scans are done in the hospital on a more detailed machine. It does nt cost anything extra and is all part of the consultants fee. Louise doesn't do it she has a girl trained in that profession to do it. I don't know the exact name! I can't wait till its over as its a big hurdle and please God if its ok ill relax more even though Louise said everything looks perfect! So that's encouraging!