Private costs (again)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*bubblez* Posts: 1599
Sorry ladies I know this has been dicussed loads before.. I'm looking at changing to holles street hospital and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the cost to go private. I am currently with OLOL and if I can't get a private consultant elsewhere will have to stay here
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Bubblez my consultant at OLOL is costing me 1800 euros in total, which I've learned from here is relatively cheap! I only met him twice (and really liked him) as he's being covered by a locum since then due to illness but she (the locum) is brilliant! She treated me so well when I had the m/c too and has arranged extra scans for me this time.
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
Thanks hon, could you pm me the details when you have time? thanks so much. I hate complaining about OLOL cos I know they've been good to you... they just don't seem to like me!!
Bumpalicious Posts: 512
Hi there, I think it varies a good bit in Holles St depending who you go to. My guy costs eur3300. HTH
Sphynx Posts: 6795
just pm'ed you Bubblez
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Hi bubblez....my consultant costs €4,000 - well he's €3,600 for me as I've had a pregnancy with him before. He see's me every three weeks, I think thats more often than normal but I'm bleeding so thats why. He has a scanner in his room as well in Blackrock so I get to see my little one every visit!! If find him really nice as well as I think some of them may not have the best bed side manner!! His name is Peter McParland - hope that helps!!
[email protected] Posts: 492
Hiya My consultant charges the same as lady Di 4000 for 1st 3600 for 2nd. Hes Peter Boylan and hes brilliant. I can recommend Michael Robson too. Its really expensive but worth it. This is the no of his secretary in Blackrock, 2064207. If he has no vacancies ask Avril if you could be accomadated on any of the other 2 Docs in the suite. He shares a suite with Dr. Linehan and McParland. Good luckxxx