Q about dress sizes after baby...help please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lcarrick Posts: 1639
hi girls, could really do with your advise. i'm due babs on the 12th june and thinking of having the christening on the 6th aug. so depending on when babs makes his appearance he'll be around 6 - 8 weeks old or so. i've found a dress in monsoon that i would love to wear for the christening. i would have worn a size 14 from monsoon before babs and my wedding last june! i'm aware i've put on weight from being pregnant so was thinking i'd buy the dress in a 16??? the dress is only new in so i'm hoping they wont fly off the shelf!! what would you do? go for the 16 now so i'd have the dress or hold off till after babs and pray that the dress will still be there??? thanks ladies!
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Tough one! Id def go a size bigger though as least if its too big you might be able to get it taken in?
nelswife Posts: 3869
[quote="MrsDCee":1ub6b0g2]Tough one! Id def go a size bigger though as least if its too big you might be able to get it taken in?[/quote:1ub6b0g2] +1 I would get the bigger size
macker2b Posts: 720
I agree with the others. My mam bought me a dress(size14) when I was eight and a half months I wore it for her christening 5months later
lcarrick Posts: 1639
thanks girls, i wouldnt be so pushed only i have my eye on this dress now and i know i wouldnt find another dress i liked now that i've seen this!! might chance my arm and buy the 16? at least i'll feel good if it ends up a little bit big on me after i have babs! :)