Quickie..need help with card writing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Yellow Elley Posts: 1522
We've a card going around the office for the boss, what will I write, hes been really good to me all year!! time off when requested, 10%rise, 1 month salary for xmas and of course a weeks safari in SA so what will I say guys?? I'd like to direct it to the family. Thanks in advance, I hate card writing :-8
SparklyC Posts: 1766
Would you not get him a christmas / thank you personally from you!?
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Nice boss!! Sorry can't help - I've got no imagination when writing cards!!
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="Yellow Elley":3mue2ioj]We've a card [b:3mue2ioj]going around the office [/b:3mue2ioj]for the boss, what will I write, hes been really good to me all year!! time off when requested, 10%rise, 1 month salary for xmas and of course a weeks safari in SA so what will I say guys?? I'd like to direct it to the family. Thanks in advance, I hate card writing :-8[/quote:3mue2ioj] ~Well, if everyone's going to see it, I wouldn't write all that much. Why not get him a card and a box of choccies seperately and then you can direct the card, and the sweets for boss and family. Something like this as a message would work: Dear Boss and family, thanks for your kindness, support and consideration this year. I greatly appreciate it. Yours etc, Yellow Elley
WonderWol Posts: 2927
I think I would just sign my name but get him and his family a seperate card just from you & h2b - then you could say thank you for all your support and help over the year it was much appreciated by us both, Merry Xmas blah, blah. I think he would appreciate the gesture & I personally wouldn't like to write too much on a general card from the office where everyone is signing as well ......
Chicksy Posts: 709
Is it a Christmas card for him? If so, write something like: Dear X, Hope you and your family (if you know wife/kids names you could put them in) have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thank you for all you've done for me this past year, you've been so generous in so many ways and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it all. Looking forward to working with you again in 2007, best wishes etc etc
kellyc Posts: 1300
If everyone is going to see it keep it simply. Just say how gratefull you are for all his help during the year and wish him a happy xmas. If you want to make it personal you could always just say to him after that you didnt want to write it down but thanks so much for all that you have done. Or just say on the card "well, im not a woman of many words, so thanks for everthing.
lisam Posts: 221
Can you get him to have a word with Niall for me or give me a job!! I'd say just write a little note on the office card and get your own one for him too. We got your card here the other day. Kelly seeing as you have met her you know she's a woman of many words haha
Yellow Elley Posts: 1522
And wheres ours!!! :innocent: Actually lisam I was very civilised when I met kellyc, wasn't I??!!! anyway my boss wouldn't talk to your boss in a fit! send over your CV, I'll make a new job title up for ya!! Anyway, thanks girls!! its sorted wrote the usual bla bla abd happy new bla bla and I've a pressie for him when we finish up next week and I'll give him a card then aswell! :thnk