Really bad stitch on Left hand side

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I'm 6 weeks pg today but have a really bad stitch on left hand side below my stomach for almost a week now. It's not getting any better, worse if anything. Is this normal or should I go to doctor to get it checked it out?
Mrs Magoo Posts: 475
Don't worry, I had this up until about 10 weeks with my baby. It is so painful. Doctor said it was stretching pains. Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and put your feet up when you can.
redfly Posts: 358
Hi winter b2b Firstly congrats on your pregnancy :o)ll Regarding that pain... if it were me I would go get it checked out just to rule out anything being wrong. The only thing that would alarm me is that you say its one sided. If you give your GP a ring she can give you a letter of referral to your early pregnancy unit and they'll scan you immediately. Best of luck
justwed09 Posts: 2349
i had this when i was 3 weeks but on my right side. i went to doc and she said it was constipation pain. it went away a few days later. i would get it checked out though, for peace of mind.
tinytears Posts: 5
I have been having the same pain for a few days now also and I am 7 weeks today
thanks girls for your replies. It's still bad (only relief is when I lie down) :o( think I'll ring my doctor tomo and see what she thinks. I'm just such an anxious person at the best of times.
Thanks for everyones advice I've had a dramatic afternoon. I was still having the pain in my left side and yesterday I was feeling really bad and it didn't seem to be getting any better. So decided today to ring GP and he told me to come in for check up and then he sent me straight to Holles St (which is where I spent my evening). Doctor was scared I was having an ectopic pregnancy. But thank God everything is good and no explanation for pain. I got my early scan and got to see my little bean. Such a relief. :xox Thanks again everyone for your support.
volvic35 Posts: 1118
Hey Winter, How are you feeling now. Im really suffering bad today pain I have never felt before, and I can feel presure in my bottom, aswell as directly above my private :-8 if its not gone by tomorrow I might ring my doc, did the hospital do a internal or external scan on you when you where sent in, my pains are so bad Kinda scared there could be something wrong
Trying4No.1 Posts: 298
volvic, i've had that exact same stich in my left side and also the pressure around my privates :-8 I've a scan tomorrow and will let you know what they say.
volvic35 Posts: 1118
Good luck trying4no 1 let me know how you get on