Resentful

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Is anyone feel resent towards people? I feel so boring that I cant go out and have a drink and im not happy if DH suggests that he wants to without me :-8 :-8 Its awful feeling like this but I do,I feel he should stay in with me and not leave me on my own-whats wrong with me? I caused a row on Friday night over this and it was totally OTT,I ended up in bed early crying my eyes out...what is it with these hormones when i cry I cry my heart out like the worlds going to end or something ... :-8
mammybean Posts: 10364
meet your sister here! i know exactly how you feel. Its not that i begrudge him hs nigt out but i feel why should i have to sit in on my own. then last friday night i decided i would go with him - but i whinged to go home from about 11 on. i was so tired i was rubbing my ees they were red raw.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
I hear ya Missus. Though I can't complain cause DH hardly ever goes out anyhow. But we've had quite a few friends staying over the past month from abroad, and it's been so hard not to be able to have a good drinking session with them (like I always used to !) I was never a crier either, but now the slightest things gets me blubbering away, and I can become upset over the silliest little thing. Don't be too hard on yourself pet.... and indulge yourself with other things, anything to make you feel better. And start counting down... only xx weeks to go ! xx :wv :thnk
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Thats the thing girls he never goes out on his own but all these stupid stilly things run around my head like,how come he wants to go out now and he was quite happy to sit in on weekends curled up on the sofa when i asked him to go out before getting pregnant?how come he doesnt ask me to go out anymore?am I so boring...does he want to get away from me for a while?? Even on holidays he went out one night and I went home earlier and I felt so left out,I didnt sleep a wink I got so upset the following night as listening to the crack that went on that I missed out on,It felt really hurtful....whats wrong with me? Even the smoking end of things everyone moves away from me and I feel like such a lemon at one stage DH did it (on holidays)and I looked like a gobshite on my own,I got the ball in my throat and I thought I was going to bawl in front of everyone :-8 :-8 lucky I didnt! I also feel so guilty when I get upset that baby knows and feel it too,I feel so selfish :o( :o(
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Don't talk to me. DH follows the Dubs and I keep hoping they'll be knocked out of the champtionship just so he won't be gone all day and evening the next time they play (ok I'm from Meath, I probably would anyway!!!) I'm also really cheesed off that he has 3 stag weekends coming up and there are only 10 weekends left till my due date - I don't know when he thinks he's going to do all the things he keeps saying he wants done around the house. Have visions of coming home from hospital to a crib still in its flat-pack box. Today he even asked me to book his hotel room for one of the stags. Am sorely tempted to "forget" to do so :o0 . It's not that I miss going out and drinking myself but I do feel like he's just carrying on as normal as if there wasn't this big life-changing event coming up! And am a bit worried he'll be just the same after the baby is here. Thank god the championship will be over then at least. Men! O:| O:| O:|
DublinGal Posts: 151
Oh I know excatly how you feel, actually it was this Friday that DH went out too and I went mental!!!! stupid but oh well, my hormones are going metal and I can't help it. I have a stack of vodka in the house, waiting for me to drink after baby is born. DH doesn't normally drink vodka, but has been at my stash since BFP, he was drinking a glass of coke last night and I went to take a sip but he stopped me, as it had vodka in it. So i took all the bottles and hid them from him!!! Haha. ok he sounds like an alco, but he isn't I swear to God. the only reason i have a stash is everytime i go away or someone else does they bring me back a bottle as its so much cheaper than over here.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Aw pet, I'll say it again don't be too hard on yourself. You were in Spain right? I had a tough time of it when we went to Madrid last april. Speak to your DH and tell him how you feel. I guess before you got your BFP you used to curl up on the sofa together with a bottle of wine? Maybe he thinks now it would be easier for him to go out and have a few drinks rather than drinking in front of you. Talk to him though. But at the same time it's normal for us to feel left out. Your DH doesn't have to change anything in his lifestyle during these 9 months remember ! Sometimes they need reminding of that fact. That's why you need to treat yourself to little things, anything to perk you up. Don't worry about little babs, he/she is fine tucked up inside you :thnk Hope you feel better soon. (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
mammybean Posts: 10364
Ours wont - i hope. we would have loved to go to the waterford match but its too much for me to do in one day and this week we couldnt afford to stay over. so his sister asked would we look after her youngest on suday and i said ye - then he tells me he is going out to watch it, i am like WTF. no way. but its not his fault i dont feel like going out IYKWIM. he only goes out one night a week but sometimes it wrecks my head that i dont get to go anywhere anymore
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Dublingal I have a bottle of vodka in the back of my wardrobe! :-8 Had forgotten all about it! A friend brought it home for me from Poland. It's a really good one so I hid it away for myself until I can have a drink again. Knew if I left it out a certain someone would treat himself to a couple of vodka and cokes one evening. Dora I think maybe part of it is that they're afraid they won't be able to go out as much after the baby arrives so they're trying to get it out of their system now? I think you should tell him how you feel as it's obviously causing you stress. :xxx I want to have a word with Dh too but am trying to work out exactly how to phrase it right (I don't think "you should stay home with me all the time, sort out the house and build nursery furniture for the next 10 weeks" will work!)
Rocky Posts: 465
Crikey there must be something wrong with me - i still go out every weekend with my hubbie and dont drink. and we never come home early it 's always after 2 or so! And as for the championship, it's me who follows our native county Limerick and i've been to all games and am going to Croke Park on Sunday too and he doesnt go at all! Granted i'm fairly tired afterwards but i just couldnt give them up. I feel once baby comes , i wont get the chance so i'll keep going while i can. I must be odd!! :o0 :o0 :o)ll