reserving accomodation for guests

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Titch Posts: 261
Have any of you called other hotels and B&BS in the region where your wedding is apart from your reception venue to pre-warn them that your wedding is taking place so that they may reserve or hold some accomodation? :wv
ozypozy Posts: 2950
No! Don't want to get stuck in the middle of organising accommodation for aunty nora! I'm putting in a list of alternatives but that's all I'm doing. You'll end up stressed out!
happysparklybride Posts: 88
i wouldn't see the need to reserve extra accom for guests either but a word of advice - although this wouldn't really be something to worry about for a peak season wedding - maybe give the b and bs a quick ring to make sure all ok before you giving their details to invitees - i was at a wedding after xmas one year and i had to ring about 6 or 7 b and bs down the long list before i got somewhere to stay as half of them were shut at that time of year!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
No, just gave the guests the info they needed and left them too it. I would strongly advise you to do the same. Not worth the hassle of looking after other peoples rooms. I swore I wasnt doing it, and some how got dragged into problems with peoples rooms..... stay well away!
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Im not getting involved in anything to do with reserving accomodation for guests whether in the hotel or b&bs. We've told them from the start, that there are rooms block booked in our hotel that have to be booked 2 months in advance to get the wedding rate and if they dont book on time, it's their problem. they will also be given a list of B&Bs as an alternative. I will be checking that the B&Bs will be open the time of my wedding but that's all I'm doing. You've enough to be worrying about in the run up to the wedding without having the added pressure to sort guests accomodation..
chaos Posts: 1904
we reserved 30 rooms when we booked the wedding for guests. there are no b&bs nearby within walking distance anyway, and the hotel is on a dual carriage way so not safe to walk to other hotels etc. we did put a list of alternative nearby hotels in case they want something cheaper, but then last week the hotel dropped its prices. good thing they allowed me to hold so many rooms as Elton John is playing in Thomond Pk the same day as my wedding so rooms are scare enough if the guests were to look for them.
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
I'm not gettingi involved either. I did ring the B&B's and confirm the wedding date with them and let them know that guests will be ringing them. As for hotel I neogciated discounted rates with 3 of them for our quests. will be putting the list in with the invites and its up to them then to book away. first come, first served basis.
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
I am not getting involved either. I have 60 rooms block booked in the hotel & have told the hotel that they can give them out as soon as people ring there is no need to be checking with me!
thirdtimelucky Posts: 857
I'm going to include details of the hotel reservations dept, and list of local B&Bs with the invites. After that, they are on their own!
moobear Posts: 1126
[quote="flowerbomb":17qyil5w]I'm going to include details of the hotel reservations dept, and list of local B&Bs with the invites. After that, they are on their own![/quote:17qyil5w] I am doing the exact same - it is up to the guests to book accommodation if they want. I have anough to be doing without worrying if xyz booked their accommodation :wv