Should I be worried about this pain?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Girls since yesterday morning I've had a pain low down bump kinda on my abdomen. The pain is on the left side of my abs. It's hard to describe, when I sit down I can't feel it, it's more painful when I stand or walk. I think it feels like a ligament being pulled or something. Also baby is normally very active, esp at night but since yesterday movements have definitely slowed down and I'm not feeling as many - but still feeling some. Should I be worried? It's probably just ligaments stretching.
doolittle Posts: 910
Its prob just everything stretching...but ring your gp just in case and they will put your mind at ease. How far along are you? Im 30 weeks and have had pain across the top of my bump for the last 3 weeks but I think its when baby goes breech he stretches the ligaments at the top! Dont sit and be worried its not good for you, ring your gp and see what they say :wv
05bride Posts: 314
RQ, I got this too a few weeks ago which lasted for about 2 weeks. It wasn't so painful that I couldn't stick it but it was very low in my abdomen and came on me when I would start to walk. Also the pain radiated down towards my pelvis on the right side only. I mentioned it to cons and she said that it was nothing to worry about it but if it continued she would maybe look at physio for the pelvis related pain. She did mention though that pain in middle of pelvis is quite common as it's that area stretching but mine was just on one side. Hope this makes sense as I'm kinda rambling! Anyway, to be sure ring your gp to check. That's what they are there for and it will put your mind to rest.
ellee Posts: 666
Hi RQ, I'm plagued with abdonminal pains of one kind or another. I had loads of really crampy type af pains at the start which eased off around 10w. Am now 20 w and for the last 2w have had a lot of pain across the belly, down the sides, up the top, at the bottom! They're kinda sharp and sore. Was quite stiff and ungainly w/ them esp last wk. I kinda hoped it was the babs moving but i was fooling myself! Am way too distracted by the pains to notice if babs is moving or not :-8 Even in the quiet period I mentioned above I noticed I was v prone to a pain where you describe, usually associated it w. a movement - coughing, getting out of the car or out of bed, coming up from a crouching position - all v ouch! :o0 My books say it's normal enough and not to worry unless accompanied by other symptoms such as discharge etc. HAve the one by Dr Boylan and the what to expect one. hth :wv
Perci Posts: 3847
My consultant always said to contact him if there was any obvious change/slow down in movement. It's probably nothing but I would check it out.
smurf77 Posts: 2216
As Augusta said if there is any change in pattern of movements I would go in to the hospital, just to be on the safe side! At my last antenatal visit (yesterday) the Midwife was talking about this and its importance I am sure its fine but just in case.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Thanks for all the replies. The pain has gone today and movement has picked up since yesterday evening. The movement is different - I used to feel kicks low down where they hit a nerve and hurt. Now they are slightly higher and not so sore. Last night, as I was awake most of the night - thank you leg cramps and teething toddlers! - I could feel loads. I wasn't so much getting kicks but it seemed as if baby was moving from side to side all night. I'll keep an eye on it. I have been running around the place the last fortnight so I'm going to take it easy this weekend. DD's not giving me much of a break either, she's going through a clinging to mammy phase which I love but it's hard to carry her now as she weighs almost 2stone :eek Girls thank you again, you always put my mind are rest. :thnk
newone Posts: 1714
Only seeing this message RQ. Glad you are feeling better!