should i test??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boobies Posts: 1625
Hi girls, I have a xmas party tomorrow nite and we were ttc this month. I am not due my af until tuesday but want to know if I should drink at the party or not. would a test work this early?? thanks
charlie crown Posts: 377
hmmmmm not sure boobies, it may not be accurate. I got a bfn on Wendesday and was due AF on Saturday and got bfp on Monday. However everyone is different and some people will get an accurate result earlier than others, you could give it a go if you can handle the possibility of getting a bfn? Good luck what ever you decide :babydust:
oh i dont know I dont really have any other symptoms, my boobs are'nt sore (for a change) this month, I do feel a bit 'wetter' below but this could be normal only never noticed it before. Congrats to you Charlie!!
sally Posts: 1140
Ill be in the same situation next week, am due AF friday which is the night of my Xmas party. I intend to do a test that morning and even if its neg Ill try and take it easy with the drink this year! Famous last words, a BFN might drive me straight to the bar but as Charlie Crown says a BFN might not be 100% reliable. Hope you get the result you want!!!!!
Hi Sally, took it easy saturday nite..... But did a test this morning before and got BFN not due af till tomorrow or day after am really disappointed hope you are luckier!!
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="boobies":uyfwlhez]Hi Sally, took it easy saturday nite..... But did a test this morning before and got BFN not due af till tomorrow or day after am really disappointed hope you are luckier!![/quote:uyfwlhez] not gonna test either - dont feel like its my month and feel like af will come any second now :o(
Poppit Posts: 2042
Not my month either... did a test friday and got BFN. AF due tomorrow and can feel its on its way :o( got really upset over weekend. was so hoping to get BFP. oh well... next month girls ..
nic06 Posts: 454
Hi Poppit, I am so sorry to hear you got a BFN, chin up girl it means you can enjoy the chirstmas and here to hoping next month. Sending lots of :babydust: your way.
Poppit Posts: 2042
Thanks nic06... and congrats again to you. I'd say you are on a high *) poppit xxx