Silly question - when do you put on day after dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Flapjack Posts: 308
I was just thinking about my "day after" dress - when am I meant to put it on? Do I put it on in the morning, when I'm saying good bye to everyone, and then leave it on all day and all night? Or is it for the evening? You'll probably say "do whatever you want", just wondering what other people are doing. Flapjack
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
knowing me ill end up with a morning and evening outfit, and then only wear one!! :) tbh i think its impossible for me to answer it will depend on how healthy i feel the day after :) imagine getting up with a less than fresh head, sitting there trying to do hair and makeup, and cursing myself for not removing my make up properly from the day before! :) and prob being really sad that i cant put on my wedding dress again! :( (if i havent been cursing how heavy it was the day before!) i suppose it depends on what your wearing too.. if your having something quite informal like a BBQ or a few drinks in local bar, then i imagine if you dress for that, you can wear the outfit all day and maybe just alter your makeup from day to evening.
LittleLily Posts: 3682
Depends what you have planned for the next day. We were having a brunch in my Mums house so I put on my dress when I got up in the morning. I we were doing something in the evening and just chilling in the morning and afternoon I probably would have just stuck on something comfortable and changed in the evening.
weddingdiva Posts: 1349
I haven't decided what I'm going to wear yet but I was thinking about something that would take me from day to evening, going on my honeymoon that evening.
happybride2012 Posts: 174
I’m gonna put on the outfit the next morning and wear it all day. Will be so excited to put another new dress and meet everyone for breakfast in the hotel – I won’t bother changing again, will just want to relax for the day 
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Depends what is happening on the day. Last wedding I was at the bride just had her jeans on the next morning when she was doing the goodbyes. The second celebrations weren't happening till the afternoon so we all had a lazy breakfast then a snooze and then met back downstairs all dressed up in the late afternoon.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
My dress is a bit on the dressy side so I will just wear something comfy during the day and put the dress on in the evening.
rosebelle Posts: 346
I won't be putting my until later in the afternoon, Haven't got anything for earlier in the day yet
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I had a mrs.dh t shirt for the morning after in the hotel, i loved it! We headed home then and there was abbq in my folks that afternoon so i put on my dress at home.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
[quote="MrsSG":20r7olog]My dress is a bit on the dressy side so I will just wear something comfy during the day and put the dress on in the evening.[/quote:20r7olog] +1