Sisters wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dir Posts: 351
I have just found out i am pregnant, but i am due to be my sisters bridesmaid and i reakon at a guess i will be about 15 or 16 weeks gone ..the dress is ordered and its way to early to tell anyone yet but i am just fretting a bit that if dress is to small it will be to late to order another ?? I know little to be worrying about ... but i would hate to be puttin stress on my sis !!
fifi28 Posts: 481
hi dir id say ull be fine i got married around 15 weeks and the dress didnt need to be altered atall . i found it was around 18 weeks before i really started to show. congrats btw :wv
lastminutebride Posts: 785
The bump's not likely to be a problem at that stage, but keep an eye on your boobs if the dress is tight in the bodice. By 15 weeks I'd gone up about a cup size and a half.
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
Could you contact the shop directly (and discreetly!) and tell them the situation? They might be able to let you know how long a new order would take, or maybe be able to change your current order for one a size or two larger?
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
[quote="chocbiscuitcake":g0fx2tbu]Could you contact the shop directly (and discreetly!) and tell them the situation? They might be able to let you know how long a new order would take, or maybe be able to change your current order for one a size or two larger?[/quote:g0fx2tbu] thats the best idea I think. Most people are the same by then, but I was showing quite a bit by 15 weeks and in maternity clothes. Everyone is different
[quote="Mrs.G":3euapyel][quote="chocbiscuitcake":3euapyel]Could you contact the shop directly (and discreetly!) and tell them the situation? They might be able to let you know how long a new order would take, or maybe be able to change your current order for one a size or two larger?[/quote:3euapyel] thats the best idea I think. Most people are the same by then, but I was showing quite a bit by 15 weeks and in maternity clothes. Everyone is different[/quote:3euapyel] Thanks for all the adivse girls.. this thought did cross my mind !! so i think thats what i will do. thank again
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Would you not just tell your sister? If my sister went behind my back to talk to the shop I don't think I'd have been too pleased at all. JMO
[quote="Toblerone":3px2evpw]Would you not just tell your sister? If my sister went behind my back to talk to the shop I don't think I'd have been too pleased at all. JMO[/quote:3px2evpw] To early to tell any one and i know my sis very well she wont be upset ... prob would be less stress than leaving it to late
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Excellent news congratualtions. I know what your saying about not wanting to stress your sis or take anything from her day but I still think I would say it to my sister and just cover yourself..... :lvs
missust Posts: 370
i was very slim when i got preg (on honeymoon-after wedding diet) and was in maternity clothes at 13 weeks. put on tons of weight early. i wouldnt take the chance that you'd fit into the dress anyway. if i were you i'd tell my sister but not the shop yet. they can alter things. i'd rather tell sister than stranger.