so broody it hurts! - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

expecting no3 Posts: 623
That's it applesauce. Its for them to have siblings so they are there for each other. I come from a family of 5 siblings and I love it. I want that for my children. Im not really pushing it at the moment as im afraid of pushing him too far. At least i know he's semi open to it as he has said it would be nice to have 4 to even things up. My ds1 is 4 and dd is 2. They are so close i feel i need a playmate for ds2. They'll both be starting sch & playsch in Sept when ds2 will be 1 pls God. its the ideal time to go again. i just hope i feel done after that. Ive said to him that i don't feel done now much like yourself. ye thank god for one born every min :) i find myself lurking in the ttc forum too.
Hbombadero Posts: 1960
I'm obsessed with OBEM. I'm from a family of 7 and I love the hustle and bustle and I love having lots of siblings now. We killed each other as kids though! DH is from a "typical Protestant family" as he says himself and he can't process why you'd go more than twice. We struggled to have no 1 so hopefully we'll strike gold again with no 2 and after that we'll see how no 3 goes! People can be so rude when they comment. Whether it's asking when you're going to "get going" or telling you you're family is finished it's just bad manners.
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
Yeah, I agree with the thoughtlessness of those sorts of comments. Call me dumb, and a pain the arse, but I'm still struggling to imagine people making comments to women about them "staying on birth control". Who are they? And how in the name of Jesus do these comments come about? I'm really just curious.
applesauce Posts: 8
It's just a few close friends and family who would feel comfortable enough around me to make comment. That's what I think anyway. I'm really glad I'm not alone on this though. I was wondering if I was losing the plot. Thanks for replies and sharing your thoughts and feelings. Hopefully we can come to peace with whatever happens. Who knows maybe we could be ttc buddies lol. I have a feeling that I will be broody even when I'm old and grey. If we ever do decide to go again it has to happen in the next 2 year's. Good luck for the future ladies and fingers crossed x
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
Broodiness is overwhelmingly powerful. I read these words of advice from Patricia Redlich on this link from time to time to help deal with feelings of my own. Just thought I'd share, as the saying goes..
Anon09 Posts: 40
I can relate. My dd is only a few months old, but already, I feel an overwhelming urge to have another. For various unfortunate reasons, however, it will not be possible for us to have another baby. I was never maternal before. I spiralled through my twenties as an irresponsible, good-time girl, with no yearning to settle down, let alone procreate. Then, one night, I met himself and over the course of a few years, I changed. It took us a while to get pregnant (and even when trying, I still didn't feel hugely broody), but when we did, and when she was born, well... I never felt feelings like them. We can't have another baby and that makes me sad. I yearn to experience pregnancy and labour all over again, but mostly, I would like to have another baby to see them develop down through the months and years, to love them and for them to be a sibling to my little girl. I feel incredibly guilty that she will never know what it's like to have a brother or sister. Particularly, since I conceived her, knowing it was likely we wouldn't have another. I wonder what happens when we have a baby, that makes us much broodier than before. Is it hormones? Or just because we know how much joy they bring to our lives? My partner doesn't feel the same way as me, so maybe it is hormones. He is happy with our lot. OP, have a fifth if you want. Rest assured, the comments coming from others are only from jealousy. I have had to stop myself making those kind of comments myself about people in my own family, I'm ashamed to admit. It's the nasty side of me. It's from wishing pregnancy came as easily to me. Maybe those who have said those things to you, have their own struggles. There is always a reason behind comments like these. Good luck to you. You have time on your side. Maybe that 5th baby will come along in the next couple of years.