solids before 6 months? - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wowza Posts: 556
[quote="MiniBlingfor2012":12u8l0gf]I could be wrong but I think it's that breasted babies get enough from just breast milk until months, they don't need anything extra. Anyone else any insight on this?[/quote:12u8l0gf] But why isn't formula enough too?
Sorry, the above isn't meant to be defensive or arguing with you! Just wondering as I don't get it.
MiniBlingfor2012 Posts: 673
Me either really :-) I must ask phn next time!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
[quote="mamajen":3adft87b][quote="wowza":3adft87b] You're the mammy and if you think your LO is ready then you are probably right.[/quote:3adft87b] +1[/quote:3adft87b] Huge +1. People make us feel guilty for our choices every single day. Do what you feel is right for you and your baby.
star13 Posts: 291
But what feels right to some mums is to give solids at a very early age, is this right? You hear of people giving solids at 10 weeks! The guidelines are there for a reason, to help us make the right decisions. Again, many countries say 6 months for all babies. Why are we in Ireland in such a hurry to get our babies onto solids?
I would think the right thing to do is do a bit of research and make your decision based on that.
ructions Posts: 2689
z
That's an interesting article, thanks for posting.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I was speaking to a nutritionist at work today and telling her about this thread. She said that the closer to 6 months the better but definitely from 17 weeks (for the gut to develop). I weaned, as I said, at 4 months. I definitely think everyone should "try" to wait until 4 months, but you have to use your Mammy Instinct with all of these things. Easier said than done eh? All of the reports in the world won't help you when your child is hungry and not satisfied from milk!