Solis Lough Eske - Overpriced?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DiamondDaisy Posts: 147
Does anyone have any feedback from recent weddings in Solis Lough Eske Castle? They seem to have crazy prices for everything! No table flowers or candles included, they rent chair covers & candleabras etc - but at E50 a pop for the latter - it's like they're in la la land!!
barbaraann Posts: 1500
Hi Most of the Solis brides are over in the Northern Ireland forum, there's a thread on Donegal Brides too so you may get a better response from that section. :wv
wedfest Posts: 65
But it is such a beautiful venue. I'm sure you could get a local wedding venue decorator to supply those little extras for a lot less per person. Besides, having your wedding in such a magical setting is always going to be expensive but you get what you pay for. I'm paying a "ridiculous" (according to H2B for our venue per head, but we think it will be worth it for the overall effect on the day. Best of luck
bride2be2011 Posts: 7
Hi DD, Went to see Solis recently . Was hugely disappointed with it. Their attidude is ridiculous. 50 a pop for a caldelabra? 1000 for a bar extension? La la land indeed, certainly not Donegal !