Sore hard bump at 29 weeks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
Just wondering if any of you had this, im 29 weeks today and while my bump has always been hard its now rock hard-other people who've felt it have noticed it too :-8 It tends to hurt cause its so hard when Im bending over or walking around!
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Hi CBB, How are you today? Mine has gone hard in the last week. I had been conscious that my bump was always quite squishy, but it's not anymore - it takes a bit of pressure to push into it (if that makes sense). However, it's not sore - maybe that's just your skin stretching or your muscles? Could be Braxton Hicks as well but I think they come and go... The things we have to deal with.
Lily K Posts: 643
Hi CBB, I'm 27 weeks today and I have the same thing. My bump has really grown in the last week. I have a hospital appointment on Monday so going to mention it. It's really sore in the mornings when I get out of bed and sitting down for first wee of the day :o0 :o0 I asked a friend of mine who's had 2 pregnancies and she couldn't relate, said the only thing she had was a stretching feeling... I'm sure we're grand though.
Mrsexcited Posts: 927
Hi CBB, my bump has being hard for the past few weeks now and sore when i bend down and walk sometimes. but i'm doing swimming as well and i find that good and i try not to bend down unless i have to..... i think its normal but going to ask my consultant on wednesday next. Hope you are feeling good today. Mrs E
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
Mine goes from being a bit soft to rock hard, I wonder is it to do with babs position? i.e hard when he's more to the front which could be a bit sore as well? Hope you're not too sore :thnk
obbride Posts: 111
sounds normal enough to me, bout that time is where i started holding onto a wall to put on underwear in a balancing act, or found it impossible to put on shoes and socks myself unless sitting on the stairs, - the joys!! also for me and my sil, around then bump got sore just a bit above belly button, and particularly hard there, - it's actually the babys bum, they push their bum against your belly with their feet, like a springboard. i'm still getting that now!!
Finallymum Posts: 485
[quote="cheer bear bride":3hb4gj23]Just wondering if any of you had this, im 29 weeks today and while my bump has always been hard its now rock hard-other people who've felt it have noticed it too :-8 It tends to hurt cause its so hard when Im bending over or walking around![/quote:3hb4gj23] I'm 29wks too and my bump is hard too, and sore if I try and bend down or turn over in the bed.....could be a growth spurt. Not too worried about it, haven't had any stretching pains in my sides or ribs so far, just alot of kicks in my kidneys!!
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
Glad to see im not alone so! Its still a very small bump for 29 weeks but for me its big! Id still get away with wearing a loose top and not knowing im pg O:| I thought i was getting big the last couple of weeks but not really, dont think il ever have a proper big bump, think its so rock hard cause its all baby!
byebye Posts: 599
Mine is like that at times too.. But then at other times, it is soft. Really not sure if it's Braxton Hicks or the position of the baby..